Worst arcade experience

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
super_aggro_crag
8-bit

Worst arcade experience

Post by super_aggro_crag »

Ok so for those of us old enough to remember the good ol fashion arcade, you remember how fickle you were putting that .25-1.00 in the machine. If you felt robbed by a game you never put another quarter in it ever again. I want to know what your worst arcade experience is. Not just the games that sucked but the situations that you have seen only at the arcade.
- Worst game i played was in 1991 at the boardwalk in Atlantic City NJ. It was "Time Traveler" the holographic game made by Sega. It sucked 75 cents from my pocket and in 1991 at the arcade that was a BIG spend!

Lifelong game obsession!
Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Re: Worst arcade experience

Post by hashiriya1 »

Back in 2008 when BlazBlue was released in arcades, I didn't notice it at first.
Then when one was sitting next to a Street Fighter IV cabinet, I watched the demo screens while my game was loading. It looked interesting enough....so when I finished up with SFIV, I dropped 100 yen in the slot and after about 2 matches I realized....this game is friggan BORING. Maybe because I didn't know how to play properly, but it was so slow and tedious. I just up and left after the 1st round of the 3rd match.

Before that, I'd say Mad Dog McCree was a pretty crappy experience, right up there with Hard Drivin'.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

Post by dedalusdedalus »

I remember that game when I was a kid, but I forgot what it was called. The holographic gimmick didn't lure me into popping quarters in. I tended to go with sociological proof--the good games were the ones that were hard to play because of the queue.

Has anybody read this article before? It's a ripping good read. I'd like to vicariously list this as my worst arcade experience.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0887/
super_aggro_crag
8-bit

dedalusdedalus wrote:I tended to go with sociological proof--the good games were the ones that were hard to play because of the queue.

Has anybody read this article before? It's a ripping good read. I'd like to vicariously list this as my worst arcade experience.

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0887/

Great article its like the arcade out of my nightmares. Hard games never bothered me but after Time Travelers i never gave my money to a "gimmick game" ever again
Lifelong game obsession!
Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360
scrotumwound
32-bit

Post by scrotumwound »

super_aggro_crag wrote:Ok so for those of us old enough to remember the good ol fashion arcade, you remember how fickle you were putting that .25-1.00 in the machine. If you felt robbed by a game you never put another quarter in it ever again. I want to know what your worst arcade experience is. Not just the games that sucked but the situations that you have seen only at the arcade.
- Worst game i played was in 1991 at the boardwalk in Atlantic City NJ. It was "Time Traveler" the holographic game made by Sega. It sucked 75 cents from my pocket and in 1991 at the arcade that was a BIG spend!

the same game cost me one dollar at a walmart in norfolk,va
i could have bought a whopper with that dollar
i want my dollar back sega
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Went to a arcade that I was the only white person in, sat down at SFIV and got my ass kicked while I was trying to get the hang of the arcade controls, finally got the hang of them and won a round, two guys sat next to me and asked me to leave, I contemplated fighting back but walked out.

Later found out that the place is a drug front where dealers play arcade games while waiting for drop off's and what not, glad I opted to walk away.
super_aggro_crag
8-bit

emwearz wrote:Went to a arcade that I was the only white person in, sat down at SFIV and got my ass kicked while I was trying to get the hang of the arcade controls, finally got the hang of them and won a round, two guys sat next to me and asked me to leave, I contemplated fighting back but walked out.

Later found out that the place is a drug front where dealers play arcade games while waiting for drop off's and what not, glad I opted to walk away.

We used to have a place like that in North Carolina it was called "The Funhouse". After it got shut down it was then dubbed "The Drughouse"
Lifelong game obsession!
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

I have been back there a few times, but I mainly use there old KOF / SFIII machines which dont get as much action, also I go with a mate or two and we play winner stays on with machines no one is using.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

Time Traveler never tried this game or seen it. I would give it try. Worst arcade experince was playing marvel vs. capcom and the joystick was really broken. Marvel vs. capcom 2 sunlight was in the way. Soul calibur inside a driving cabinet, which was horrible looking. Worst arcade mall experience in my life. I never went bacl to that arcade.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Time Traveler is also available for DVD.