Did anyone catch the eclipse?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Did anyone catch the eclipse?

Post by Ziggy »

This might be old news now, but the forum was down when it happened, so...

I didn't think I would care, and I was getting sick of hearing the hype for it. But I knew I was going to be outside that day, so I picked up some eclipse glasses. And I'm glad that I did, because it was a really cool thing to witness.

I don't have the best DSLR camera and lens, but since I knew I would be outside, I also decided to pick up a solar lens filter. I was able to snap some good pics!

bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Did anyone catch the eclipse?

Post by bmoc »

I went outside when it started and checked on it every 15-20 minutes until it was at max coverage (around 80%) where I'm located. I had plans to visit family in Texas but we had a few unexpected expenses so I opted to skip that trip. Weather could have ruined the whole thing so it was always a gamble. I saw the total solar eclipse from my driveway in 2017 and it was spectacular. Too bad the next one is in 20 years! I'll be close to retirement age then.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

nope. I couldn't notice any difference because of overcast skies near the Nashville area. A big letdown lol.
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

Nope. The clouds built up beforehand so there wasn't anything to see. Just got slightly darker as I drove to work.

I did see the last big one though a few years back. That was pretty cool.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Couldn't really see it where I live, plus I was out at a doctor's appointment for part of the day and had to work for the rest of it. I did see an amazing solar event years ago during a day at work, we all went outside to see it. None of us had special glasses so who knows what damage was done to our eyes LOL.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I was right in the path of total occlusion. All the schools were out. We went to a nearby park and hung with neighbors. The actual eclipse was definitely spooky. It got super dark and a chill breeze came through and when it was getting light again it was slowly returning to a bright sunny day. Also, the eclipse halo was super awesome.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Nice photos, Ziggy! I also caught the eclipse and was in the path of total occlusion. My girlfriend's friend invited us to their house in upstate NY for the weekend, and we stayed there until Monday afternoon to check it out from up there. The town was having a gathering at a park for people to view it, and there were food trucks and other vendors setup.

Luckily our friend picked up a bunch of glasses, as I didn't get a chance to grab a pair. It was weird to see it get so dark in the middle of the afternoon!

Normally, it's not something I would go out of my way for, but it was nice to get away for a weekend and check it out.