Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by sevin0seven Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 pm

Smile:
1. Playing Borderland with Hobie online.
2. Had a one week vacation from work.

Ticked Off:
1. the flash cards/micro gameboy still haven't ship yet.
2. bought a sealed PSP game (Atari Classic Evolve) from Toy's R Us. Opened it and it's not there. Only the freakin manual. :x
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:40 pm

CFFJR wrote:Possible smile:

Luke, what do you mean Conan is back? I haven't heard anything, please explain!

Ticked off:

If I really talk about this, I'll go off on a long rant. Suffice it to say, I'm really fucking tired of dealing with asshole bankers and moneylenders and legal jerkoffs and realtors all the other pricks I'm putting up with. My wife and I are buying our first house, and the job is all but done, but the dipshits we have to deal with have been making it an "unpleasant" experience.

Yeah, I know what you mean about all those forms. Remember until you sign the CLOSING papers you can always back out.

Plus couple things before you close.
1. Try to get a fixed rated especially now that interest is so low. Variable will kill you in 15 years, unless you are definitely planning to sell later.
2. Check with City Zoning, not only your block but the blocks around you. Don't need a Quki-Mart popping in 5 years from now.
3. If not done yet, get your own building inspector, not one recommended by the seller. Building Inspector then only answers to you.

Home buying is up there with the stress of weddings, funerals and the upcoming moving.
An early congrats on your new home!

Sent duplicate PM of this reply to you CFFJR
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ReddMcKnight
128-bit

by ReddMcKnight Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 pm

sevin0seven wrote:Smile:

Ticked Off:
2. bought a sealed PSP game (Atari Classic Evolve) from Toy's R Us. Opened it and it's not there. Only the freakin manual. :x

The game wasn't there? Dude, that's screwed up.
Made by the extremely talented MrAfterFx!
My Blog, Hardcore Old-School: http://www.rfgeneration.com/blogs/ReddMcKnight/
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:43 pm

ReddMcKnight wrote:

Ticked Off:

major screwed up.
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:46 pm

CFFJR wrote:
Luke wrote:Conan signed a $10m a season deal (not including bonuses, etc.) to start a late night show on TBS.

:shock:

Awesome! Ha ha, I love it. Eat shit NBC!

Thank you Luke. This did indeed make me smile. :)

:D :D :D Same here!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Yus. We're having fun. Now where did the guys that I split up the pack with go. :P
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:36 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
CFFJR wrote:
Luke wrote:Conan signed a $10m a season deal (not including bonuses, etc.) to start a late night show on TBS.

:shock:

Awesome! Ha ha, I love it. Eat shit NBC!

Thank you Luke. This did indeed make me smile. :)

:D :D :D Same here!

More details:

"We hear that Conan O'Brien will own the late night show on TBS, the same way that David Letterman owns his show on CBS (both the Late Show and the Late Late Show). O'Brien's salary is north of $10M (not including ownership). And Fox is pretty shellshocked, apparently kept in the dark from the reaction we're getting to today's big announcement."

So essentially, TBS gave him literally everything he ever could have asked for. If I had to guess, I'd assume Fox couldn't get a huge number of affiliates to back the show, which makes TBS and Fox essentially on even ground as far as potential viewership goes (right? That sounds like a thing, yes?). Plus, who knows if Fox was willing to give him ownership. Nikke Finke also claims that the budget for the show is the same as his NBC show (though she doesn't specify whether she's referring to LATE NIGHT or THE TONIGHT SHOW), so he's moving to TBS only now he can't get screwed again.
wakeup
32-bit

by wakeup Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:04 pm

sevin0seven wrote:
ReddMcKnight wrote:

Ticked Off:

major screwed up.

If you didn't open the game, it would be worth a lot ..."RARE Sealed mint Atari Classic Evolve with no game inside" :lol:
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:56 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:Yeah, I know what you mean about all those forms. Remember until you sign the CLOSING papers you can always back out.

Plus couple things before you close.
1. Try to get a fixed rated especially now that interest is so low. Variable will kill you in 15 years, unless you are definitely planning to sell later.
2. Check with City Zoning, not only your block but the blocks around you. Don't need a Quki-Mart popping in 5 years from now.
3. If not done yet, get your own building inspector, not one recommended by the seller. Building Inspector then only answers to you.

Home buying is up there with the stress of weddings, funerals and the upcoming moving.
An early congrats on your new home!

Sent duplicate PM of this reply to you CFFJR

Thanks for the advice, and the congratulations! :D We got an amazing deal on this house and we're both very happy with it.

We did get a fixed rate, and good thing too. Long or short term, variable is bad, bad news. I'll tell you this man, if I couldn't get fixed, I wouldn't have bought the house, good deal or not. Too risky.

As far as zoning goes, I haven't checked, but I'm glad you mentioned it as I will now. The thing is, it is a developing area, so new stuff is coming up all the time, but I have no idea what the plans for it are. The good news on that front though is that our house is in an older, completed part of the neighborhood (built 8 years ago) so I'm already farther away from any potential problems. 'Course, they may decide to knock my house down to build a bypass, but we'll see what happens. :wink:

We actually completed the inspection yesterday (which is why I didn't respond to you until today, heh) and for the most part it went well. The inspector was very honest, and ridiculously detailed, which made me happy. I only have one big problem to address: the basement is suspended, so it doesn't float; I knew that of course, and its a good thing. Unfortunately, the goofball builders for some reason didn't put a vapor barrier under the floor, so I have all kinds of moisture under there. It's very minimal damage right now, no biggie, but I've gotta put down the barrier now or it'll be a big problem down the road. That's another $1000+ to deal with, but we're gonna try to get the seller (the house is bank owned) to cough up for it. They probably won't, but its worth asking!

Sorry for the long post there, its easy for me to get talking about this.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:13 pm

CFFJR wrote:Unfortunately, the goofball builders for some reason didn't put a vapor barrier under the floor, so I have all kinds of moisture under there. It's very minimal damage right now, no biggie, but I've gotta put down the barrier now or it'll be a big problem down the road. That's another $1000+ to deal with, but we're gonna try to get the seller (the house is bank owned) to cough up for it. They probably won't, but its worth asking!

Can't hurt to ask forcefully for the bank to pay for the fix, they are responsible to sell a solid structure. You can really win especially if you didn't CLOSE on the sale yet. But if no luck, what's a $1000 bucks more vs the long term investment. Being a home owner is really a great feeling. Any money you put into the house is yours not rent down the drain, to fix the house the way you both like. Enjoy!

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever