Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
User avatar
Luke
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21077
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Luke Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:12 am

BoringSupreez wrote:There are too many spammers these days. I'd play it safe and report him.



ditto.

Smile: Check the food thread. And, it's Friday!

Ticked: It is still raining.
User avatar
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21718
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 pm
Location: Under a pile of retro stuff in H-town

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 am

Frown: I'm up and at work at 7 AM which is 4 hours earlier than normal. *grunt*

Smile: Work gathering for food and fun this afternoon.
User avatar
D.D.D.
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3326
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:33 am
Location: of the Estrecho de Gibraltar is where now?

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by D.D.D. Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:42 am

Hobie-wan wrote:Frown: I'm up and at work at 7 AM which is 4 hours earlier than normal. *grunt*

Smile: Work gathering for food and fun this afternoon.


You normally work 11a~8?
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
User avatar
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21718
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 pm
Location: Under a pile of retro stuff in H-town

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 am

D.D.D. wrote:You normally work 11a~8?


Yessir, and my sleep schedule is adjusted for that work time.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38079
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by noiseredux Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:52 am

Ticked: Paid for my 360 on 5/27 but the seller didn't ship until 5/30. Via UPS Ground. And the tracking says "Scheduled Delivery: Monday, 06/04/2012, By End of Day" so now I won't get to play it over the weekend because UPS Ground sucks and doesn't deliver on Saturdays apparently. :x
Image
User avatar
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21718
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 pm
Location: Under a pile of retro stuff in H-town

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Hobie-wan Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:00 am

noiseredux wrote:UPS Ground sucks and doesn't deliver on Saturdays apparently. :x


This has always been the case. Same with Fedex since they're aimed at business delivery. You can get Saturday delivery, but you really pay for it. Heck, you pay extra for home delivery as well.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38079
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by noiseredux Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 am

Hobie-wan wrote:
noiseredux wrote:UPS Ground sucks and doesn't deliver on Saturdays apparently. :x


This has always been the case. Same with Fedex since they're aimed at business delivery. You can get Saturday delivery, but you really pay for it. Heck, you pay extra for home delivery as well.


what sucks is if they said "it's at the UPS store on Saturday" I'd just go pick it up on Saturday instead of waiting for Monday. :roll:
Image
User avatar
Luke
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21077
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:39 am

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Luke Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 am

noiseredux wrote:Ticked: Paid for my 360 on 5/27 but the seller didn't ship until 5/30. Via UPS Ground. And the tracking says "Scheduled Delivery: Monday, 06/04/2012, By End of Day" so now I won't get to play it over the weekend because UPS Ground sucks and doesn't deliver on Saturdays apparently. :x



That sucks balls man. Sounds like if the item was shipped when you paid for it, you may have received it today.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38079
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by noiseredux Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:07 am

Luke wrote:That sucks balls man. Sounds like if the item was shipped when you paid for it, you may have received it today.


in fairness I paid on Sunday and Monday was a holiday. But it looks like if it shipped on Tuesday instead of Wednesday I'd be receiving it TODAY. :x
Image
mjmjr25
 

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by mjmjr25 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:09 am

What is the ebay seller's advertised shipping? If they said "ships same day, within 1 business day,..." i'd contact them. Let 'em know you put in a higher bid on that item because:

A) You wanted a 360 by the weekend (for the free xbla, for a party, for whatever)
B) Of the many 360's up that day, this one had the best chance to be here based upon their shipping policy
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest