Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
harper
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by harper Thu May 31, 2012 10:54 am

Kinda reminds me of the one time my girlfriend tried to play Hey You "Pinkachu". lol
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Thu May 31, 2012 11:22 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
Haha that's cute. My wife, who knows next to nothing about video games, will sometimes make a comment like that and it's always adorable.

For instance, the other night I told her I was going to play some games for a bit and she goes, "Oh are you going to be playing an Ys game on the PC Engine Duo?" :lol:

I had an internship with my now good friend Elliott (the only black Elliott I know of) and a cute, smart but ditzy as hell, girl named Mandy. While on a business road trip, Elliott pointed out a billboard for a BBQ joint, and he said "You know the guy that owns that place was a Grand Wizard? I see brothers go in there all the time but I can't bring myself to support a Grand Wizard".

Then Mandy chimed in, "Are you guys talking about comics and video games again?".

Elliott and I lost our shit.

Smile: ^Remembering that story and that Internship.

Ticked: I can't find the batteries I just bought. I'm not too far away from the store, and it's only $2 for 4 AA's, but I just bought an eight pack and only used four so far.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu May 31, 2012 12:08 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Haha that's cute. My wife, who knows next to nothing about video games, will sometimes make a comment like that and it's always adorable.

in fairness my wife has actually turned into a gamer. She just isn't up on shmups. She said just watching me play them gives her a freakin' panic attack haha.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu May 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Luke, that story made me lol in my little cubicle here at work. People gave me funny looks.

noiseredux wrote:in fairness my wife has actually turned into a gamer. She just isn't up on shmups. She said just watching me play them gives her a freakin' panic attack haha.

Haha yup. My wife once walked into the gameroom while I was playing DeathSmiles. She yelled "Sensory overload!" and ran out of there. She didn't even have time to tease me about the lolis.
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Thu May 31, 2012 3:49 pm

:D This came in the mail today:

Anybody want to sell me the box and manual for it? :lol:
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Thu May 31, 2012 5:01 pm

Ticked got a late start in work so had to sit in a car through rush hour traffic. When we got to the job site we found out everything had been taken care of and would have to drive back in rush hour from the suburbs.

Smile we decided to kill time at an arcade till rush hour dies.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu May 31, 2012 5:15 pm

Smile: Got some "Theater of Magic" time in on a local machine today.

Frown: Missed the local high score by just "that much" - a better turn with one ball and I would have likely had it :wink:
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Thu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm

Ticked: A week or so back, I finally found the used phone I had been looking for at a decent price on Ebay, so I bought it, and just got it today. Only now when I look at the software do I find that it is actually the aesthetically identical older model of the same phone! The auction listing states that it is clearly the newer model, so I'm understandably upset, especially since the phone is so difficult to find for a reasonable price.

EDIT: And now it seems the seller can't pay me back, since he can't access the money, since he input the wrong PayPal account into his Ebay account! Should I report this guy? It seems like he wants to refund me when he gets the money, but I'm not sure if I want to take that chance.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:12 am

The new Offspring album, Days Go By, comes out in just a few short weeks!

Actually, that time is sure to pass slowly for me.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:24 am

lisalover1 wrote:EDIT: And now it seems the seller can't pay me back, since he can't access the money, since he input the wrong PayPal account into his Ebay account! Should I report this guy? It seems like he wants to refund me when he gets the money, but I'm not sure if I want to take that chance.

There are too many spammers these days. I'd play it safe and report him.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever