Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by BoringSupreez Wed May 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Just be sure to think your cunning plan through.

Make sure it is better than one of Baldrick's.

Blackadder? Win.

mjmjr25 wrote:Well, guy is a mod, but he's slow to the take. We can mess him up a bit.

Ooh, a mod? That narrows things down. He's probably one of our American mods too, since it has to do with buying and selling stuff. *goes into detective mode*
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Wed May 30, 2012 9:26 pm

Michi wrote:It's kind of sad when you terminate a professional relationship with a guy who's 60+, and, realizing he doesn't have a leg to stand on, he resorts to petty name-calling, and then finishes his response to you by calling you childish.

Have you considered filling a bag with dog shit and lighting it on fire on his front porch?

'Cause, you know, that would be childish. If he believes it so much, why not give it to him? :wink:

Seriously though, I did read your earlier posts about this even though I didn't comment, and I say congratulations on canning this pest.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Wed May 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Michi wrote:It's kind of sad when you terminate a professional relationship with a guy who's 60+, and, realizing he doesn't have a leg to stand on, he resorts to petty name-calling, and then finishes his response to you by calling you childish.

When I hear this phrase I always picture someone with a peg leg.

I know, it makes no sense.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed May 30, 2012 9:44 pm

CFFJR wrote:

Have you considered filling a bag with dog shit and lighting it on fire on his front porch?

'Cause, you know, that would be childish. If he believes it so much, why not give it to him? :wink:

Seriously though, I did read your earlier posts about this even though I didn't comment, and I say congratulations on canning this pest.

Thanks. I've actually been hoping to get rid of him for a couple of weeks, but I was trying to put up with it. Then when he sent that email yesterday, instead of being upset like I'd think I would, I actually felt relieved. I sent him a big-a&% (but professional) email chronicling all of his crap (Much of it copied directly from emails he'd sent me. I'm keeping them as a written record in case he comes back later to start s*&%). Obviously it pissed him off because he insulted everything from my intelligence to my hat. I got a good chuckle out of that last one :lol:

And poo...hmmm...flaming poo....It's tempting. Very tempting indeed, but I'll be good :wink:

harper wrote:
Michi wrote:... he doesn't have a leg to stand on....

When I hear this phrase I always picture someone with a peg leg.

I know, it makes no sense.

I wish he'd had a peg leg. At least it would have made those horrible visits with him more interesting. Instead picture an overweight, white haired, 6ft tall, 60 year old who wears really short shorts and ratty white t-shirts and you'll have a better idea.
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Well, guy is a mod, but he's slow to the take. We can mess him up a bit.

Whoops I meant trolling the store. I'm guessing it's up there and I could use a vacation.

As for the mod we could always fill his mail box with snakes. Everyone hates a mailbox full of snakes.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Wed May 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Ugh, why must minty vintage things be destroyed because people can't fucking pack them properly. :x :evil: :cry:

So I bought this, which made it from France and lived happily for a number of years in Canada.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360460176816?ss ... 1497.l2649

Now I make my own resized boxes too, but I make damn sure they're sturdy and use more than 2 strips of newspaper and 1 layer of thin bubble wrap as packing material. There was that one crack on the bottom corner, but the package was good otherwise and the vehicles were mint. Now I've got one package end busted, the trailer punched through the bottom, and pieces of buggy roll cage rattling around in the package.

I could fix the roll cage, but it will never be the same. The seller accepts returns but why should I pay to send this back to Canada because someone's packing job was crap. Also I've never even seen this set before, much less mint. But of course it isn't any more. :roll:

I messaged the seller, waiting for a response.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:*destroyed merchandise*

:!: :shock: :cry:
Flake

by Flake Wed May 30, 2012 11:46 pm

Smile: A better Amercia.
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 am

Smile: My wife decided to read Arcade Mania, which led to an adorable exchange...

"Have you played DonPachi?"

"I've played the sequel DoDonPachi. Why do you ask?"

"It's made by Cave. I thought you might like it."

:D
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 am

noiseredux wrote:Smile: My wife decided to read Arcade Mania, which led to an adorable exchange...

"Have you played DonPachi?"

"I've played the sequel DoDonPachi. Why do you ask?"

"It's made by Cave. I thought you might like it."

:D

Haha that's cute. My wife, who knows next to nothing about video games, will sometimes make a comment like that and it's always adorable.

For instance, the other night I told her I was going to play some games for a bit and she goes, "Oh are you going to be playing an Ys game on the PC Engine Duo?" :lol:
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever