Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by foxhound1022 Wed May 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Wow, that shit is powerfully weak.

There was a guy who had a small shop locally who did the same thing; also he'd take stuff in trade without knowing prices, giving people a mere pittance of the value. Anything new that came in, wouldn't be for sale until he looked it up, then it usually rivaled the highest BIN on Ebay.

Fucking scrubs.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed May 30, 2012 5:44 pm

BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed May 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Stark wrote:I have a local that does that, except they don't put prices on anything. You walk up to the counter and he tells you how much and he's doing something on the computer, I assume it's eBay.

Ugh, some of the stores here in Maine do that too. It's so unprofessional. You walk to the counter with a bunch of games and the clerk says "hold on a sec..." while s/he logs onto ebay (and inevitably quotes high-ball BIN prices, of course).
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Wed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Annoyed, but almost irate:

*shop owner stupidity*

I dunno man, that kind of sounds like bait and switch to me.

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:Just be sure to think your cunning plan through.

Make sure it is better than one of Baldrick's.

Actually, if it were somewhere that I passed regularly anyway, I'd make it a point to stop in regularly to pick out some games (or those same ones all the time), take them up to the counter, waste their time looking them up, then tell them the price is too much today and leave them on the counter so they have to put them away.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

by gtmtnbiker Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:Actually, if it were somewhere that I passed regularly anyway, I'd make it a point to stop in regularly to pick out some games (or those same ones all the time), take them up to the counter, waste their time looking them up, then tell them the price is too much today and leave them on the counter so they have to put them away.

:lol: Excellent suggestion.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:SMILE: I have Ys IV (both versions), Ys V, and a bunch of other awesome games waiting for me in my PO Box... gonna sneak out of work a bit early. 8)

And holy shit these games got from Hokkaido to rural Maine in four days?! Whoever shipped this is a total boss.

Agreed. Was it on eBay? I got my Scud Race/Sega Super GT soundtrack from Japan also to the eastern US in less than a week.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
DinnerX
Next-Gen

by DinnerX Wed May 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:I've whined about it before. I hate the interface. I hate all the 'helper' bullshit that clutters up everything, a bunch of which I haven't been able to figure out where to turn off. I don't need transparent windows zooming around the screen. UAC is a good idea but horribly implemented. I dislike having power tools hidden from me. Blah blah blah. :(
Yeah, 7 makes many advanced tasks difficult or impossible by default. I have done a lot of configuring and just use 3rd party workarounds if I hit a wall (this happens too often), so I forget about the default OS behavior. :lol:
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Wed May 30, 2012 8:27 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:It was sorta ironic though. I had a very similar situation happen on RB today w/a guy who's normally pretty legit.

really? You should rollerblade down to the BBB and let them know about it.

Something more effective is in the works.

You need a hand? I'm up for some trolling since I've been pretty take lately.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 pm

Well, guy is a mod, but he's slow to the take. We can mess him up a bit.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed May 30, 2012 9:13 pm

It's kind of sad when you terminate a professional relationship with a guy who's 60+, and, realizing he doesn't have a leg to stand on, he resorts to petty name-calling, and then finishes his response to you by calling you childish.

Way to put me in my place, sir :roll:

...and when the hell did I get so close to 1000 posts?
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever