Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
puke_face

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by puke_face Wed May 30, 2012 12:49 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:Frown: I missed my court date yesterday, and the universe conspired in keeping me from showing up on time today.

Smile: I made it with a minute to spare (pretty literal here), my case was up relatively early, and the judge dismissed everything, including missing yesterday.

Like a boss.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed May 30, 2012 2:54 pm

SMILE: I have Ys IV (both versions), Ys V, and a bunch of other awesome games waiting for me in my PO Box... gonna sneak out of work a bit early. 8)

And holy shit these games got from Hokkaido to rural Maine in four days?! Whoever shipped this is a total boss.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Wed May 30, 2012 3:23 pm

wip3outguy7 wrote:Happy: Picked up the Japanese version of Jet Set Radio for $7 at a local shop. Missing the manual, but it was cool to find it for that price.

Sad: There's a seemingly insignificant scratch on the disc that's in just the right place. The game won't load properly. It crashes just trying to go into the options menu from the title screen. I was able to play through the first stage and then it locked up. Going to take it back and see if they have JGR as a replacement... thankfully I don't already own it.

Yay! They had a minty complete JGR to replace it with.

Also got a pretty clean KoF DM 99 without a manual. Now that I think about it, I probably should have grabbed on of the copies of Headhunter while I was at it.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed May 30, 2012 4:23 pm

Annoyed, but almost irate: Walked into the only local retro game store. Brought some SNES titles to the counter (4 games). Total on the stickers was $90. I needed all the games and ebay value was prob close to $150, so I was feeling solid about the buy.

She rings me up and says $167.72.

Me: "Uhh, what? Looks like $90 and tax I thought?"

Her: "Oh no, i'm sorry, we have this system that we use for all purchases - it gives us current market info on all the older games we sell."

I peeked around her a bit to see her "system". I shit you not...Ebay.

Me: "Really? First off, those are buy now prices, second...why do you have price stickers on them?"

Her: "Oh, those are usually close, but they are really just indicators for the buyer."

Me: "Look, not going to get upset, but i'm paying the sticker price or i'm leaving and I will be contacting the BBB."

Her: "Sorry." (points to a sign reading, "Management reserves the right to adjust prices on all items as needed.")

Me: "Your ridiculous." And I walked out.

I'm not out anything, so i'm not gonna get worked up or get dramatic about it - but it is a horribly sad way to do business.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed May 30, 2012 4:25 pm

^wow that's crap. I've never heard of such a thing. If everything has stickers then I can't believe they'd pull that. I really don't know the legality, but can such a sign really make that ok?
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed May 30, 2012 4:28 pm

noiseredux wrote:^wow that's crap. I've never heard of such a thing. If everything has stickers then I can't believe they'd pull that. I really don't know the legality, but can such a sign really make that ok?

Dunno. If i was younger and full of angst, I'd probably actually take time to call the BBB...but, its a duck's back thing.

It was sorta ironic though. I had a very similar situation happen on RB today w/a guy who's normally pretty legit.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed May 30, 2012 4:29 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:It was sorta ironic though. I had a very similar situation happen on RB today w/a guy who's normally pretty legit.

really? You should rollerblade down to the BBB and let them know about it.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Wed May 30, 2012 4:31 pm

I have a local that does that, except they don't put prices on anything. You walk up to the counter and he tells you how much and he's doing something on the computer, I assume it's eBay.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Wed May 30, 2012 4:31 pm

noiseredux wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:It was sorta ironic though. I had a very similar situation happen on RB today w/a guy who's normally pretty legit.

Something more effective is in the works.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

by RyaNtheSlayA Wed May 30, 2012 4:33 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:
noiseredux wrote:

Something more effective is in the works.

Just be sure to think your cunning plan through.

Also, burning down the shop probably isn't a good way to go about things, though it would be extremely effective.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever