Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Luke Wed May 30, 2012 9:53 am

BoneSnapDeez wrote:TICKED: My professor (or the TA I guess?) hasn't graded any of my work except for a simply introductory assignment, which was graded on the 15th. Seems a bit on the slow side, and I would like some feedback to know if I'm doing things correctly. :?

Email your prof. Be Nice!

Simply ask your status in his/her class, and how are you performing when compared to your peers.

Smile: It's Wednesday, and that means new comic day. I also got news that I might, might, be able to get a sneak preview of Prometheus this weekend.

Ticked: Last night I opened the fridge, a beer dropped to the ground, and basically erupted all over the kitchen. Not a fun clean up.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Wed May 30, 2012 9:55 am

Happy: Picked up the Japanese version of Jet Set Radio for $7 at a local shop. Missing the manual, but it was cool to find it for that price.

Sad: There's a seemingly insignificant scratch on the disc that's in just the right place. The game won't load properly. It crashes just trying to go into the options menu from the title screen. I was able to play through the first stage and then it locked up. Going to take it back and see if they have JGR as a replacement... thankfully I don't already own it.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Wed May 30, 2012 9:56 am

Luke wrote:I also got news that I might, might, be able to get a sneak preview of Prometheus this weekend.

Hopefully you get to, I'd like to hear your THOUGHTS.

I'd better be good or else I'll be sad.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Wed May 30, 2012 10:32 am

AppleQueso wrote:
Luke wrote:I also got news that I might, might, be able to get a sneak preview of Prometheus this weekend.

Hopefully you get to, I'd like to hear your THOUGHTS.

I'll add spoilers after it is released (early June I think) but will definitely let you know if it is worth seeing. I'm fairly sure I'll see it this weekend, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Either way, I'll be revisiting Alien and all the special features again on Friday.

I like Aliens a lot, but Prometheus is directly tied to the best of the Alien films, Alien. I"m sure there will be a few callbacks to sets, and all kinds of goodies from the original film. And now I'm doing what I should never do; get hyped for a screening.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed May 30, 2012 10:51 am

Ticked - have to go to the dentist tomorrow or Friday. I hate the dentist, hate hate hate. My old one use to talk the entire time then get upset when you didnt respond. I havent been able to go for a few years due to insurance issues, but now that they are hammered out, well I have to bite the bullet and go in.

Smile - finally got my two coworkers up to speed so my workload just lessened, alot.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 am

ticked - got a call literally out the door from work, gotta go to a meeting half-way across the country tomorrow instead of going out with friends after work

smile - my lil girl was awake when I left for work and gave me a giant smile
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Wed May 30, 2012 12:06 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:Ticked - have to go to the dentist tomorrow or Friday. I hate the dentist, hate hate hate.

See if your coverage covers Nitrous. No, I'm serious. They can put you out for a cleaning if you ask.

Also, make the dentist WORK. Before leaving, in a blender add 4 oreos, one dill pickle, a handful of cheetos, 1 TBSP of horseradish, 1/4 cup juji fruit, and 2 cups of buttermilk (room temp). Blend, gargle, spit, repeat.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 pm

Luke wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Ticked - have to go to the dentist tomorrow or Friday. I hate the dentist, hate hate hate.

See if your coverage covers Nitrous. No, I'm serious. They can put you out for a cleaning if you ask.

Thats sounds good, but sadly, my coverage is only accepted at dentist in a boxes - All of which have HORRID reviews. So I am going in for a cleaning out of pocket, any fillings I need will have to be handled later. I am pretty pissed that this didnt work out, but ohwell.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Wed May 30, 2012 12:34 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:
Thats sounds good, but sadly, my coverage is only accepted at dentist in a boxes - All of which have HORRID reviews. So I am going in for a cleaning out of pocket, any fillings I need will have to be handled later. I am pretty pissed that this didnt work out, but ohwell.

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed May 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Frown: I missed my court date yesterday, and the universe conspired in keeping me from showing up on time today.

Smile: I made it with a minute to spare (pretty literal here), my case was up relatively early, and the judge dismissed everything, including missing yesterday.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever