What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

:D - My KC Chiefs going to the Super Bowl!
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

:x - I have shingles.

A couple of days ago, I developed a rash that got worse rather quickly. I finally decided to go to the Clinic today and I found out I have shingles. I had a really bad cold over New Year's, so they think that is why it flared up all of sudden.

So, for the next few weeks, I have itchy and bumpy skin on my chest and back that makes me want to itch and feels like it is on fire and is rather painful.

What a great birthday present to myself.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Had to move out of my new apartment already and back with my parents, unfortunately. My brother in law was threatening to fight me over bills we already discussed and agreed on when I'd pay. Found out neither I or my girlfriend were considered tenants, only occupants, so we just left and took 90% of the stuff in the apartment that wasn't in his room, because we brought it in. Only furniture left in a common area is a couch, and that's mine too. Had he not threatened me five times he might have a table and chair to eat at, though he probably can't cook himself much of a dinner now, as when we took the cookware that was ours he only had a pot left.
Might have left him more if he hadn't burned a Teflon pot on accident and a pan completely on purpose.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Markies wrote::x - I have shingles.

A couple of days ago, I developed a rash that got worse rather quickly. I finally decided to go to the Clinic today and I found out I have shingles. I had a really bad cold over New Year's, so they think that is why it flared up all of sudden.

So, for the next few weeks, I have itchy and bumpy skin on my chest and back that makes me want to itch and feels like it is on fire and is rather painful.

What a great birthday present to myself.

That stinks! Hope you feel better soon, dude.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

My little sibling is coming to stay with me for two weeks! They don't get here for another few days because they're hanging out with other friends and seeing a concert down in Tokyo, but then they're gonna come up here and stay with me ^w^

I did see them not even a month ago back in the States, but this whole trip was kinda an out of nowhere thing they pitched as something to help improve their Japanese via immersion (and also double by hanging out with their wonderful big sibling :lol: ). And on top of that, this will also be the first house guest I've ever had over at my place in the 10 or so months I've been living here, so I'm double excited X3
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

CHIEFS!

My hometown team <finally> won the Super Bowl. I grew up watching them, and my family held season tickets through the 1990s. I used to help park cars at their games to raise money for my high school basketball team, and I just have a lot of good memories associated with that team. They came close a few times, but I never got to see them win a Super Bowl until last night. My parents, who moved to Charlotte last year, through a Super Bowl party using a Chiefs-themed care package sent to them from some of their friends who still live in Kansas City. The game was really fun and exciting, and I am so happy they won. Moreover, Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes destroyed the Madden curse by appearing on the cover of Madden 20, winning the Super Bowl, and being named Super Bowl MVP.
Ack

Post by Ack »

All I wanted this year was a good game, and I got it. Chiefs-49ers was a great game with good comeback stories, great drives, and two coaches that were trying to fight even when the conclusion was clear. No concussions, some high emotions but no full on fights, and just some great playing. I wish it was always this good and this much fun to watch.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

A big smile today. If I pass my tuberculosis skin test then I finally have a job. It's very modest work (dishwasher) and it alternates between 7 hours one week and 10.5 the other, but it's just what I need to get back on my feet while going through therapy.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

PretentiousHipster wrote:A big smile today. If I pass my tuberculosis skin test then I finally have a job. It's very modest work (dishwasher) and it alternates between 7 hours one week and 10.5 the other, but it's just what I need to get back on my feet while going through therapy.

Congratulations on getting a job! Any job is a legit job. :D
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

samsonlonghair wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:A big smile today. If I pass my tuberculosis skin test then I finally have a job. It's very modest work (dishwasher) and it alternates between 7 hours one week and 10.5 the other, but it's just what I need to get back on my feet while going through therapy.

Congratulations on getting a job! Any job is a legit job. :D

Thanks and indeed. It'll most likely be better than my suit and tie jobs which had an atmosphere I despised. The best part, I was being paid minimum wage on my first suit and tie job LOL I'm getting paid more in this job.