Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 pm

Awesome news, Samson! I am very happy to hear you are doing so well.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:19 am

samsonlonghair wrote:Newport News is a Penninsula between the mouths of two large Rivers on the Inland side of the Chesapeake bay.

I'd just like to apologize on behalf of the entire state of Pennsylvania for any and all pollution we send down the Susquehanna.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:38 am

Finally settling into living in Japan!

Flew out on the 19th of last month, moved into my place on the 29th, and started teaching on the 10th. I'm loving it so far, a lot more than I thought I would even ^w^

I live way up north, so there's not THAT many game stores, but I do live near the capital of the prefecture at least, so there's a decent amount of games to buy. Even one big mall that has a REALLY INCREDIBLE selection! They have tons of Neo Geo AES games, Neo Geo CD games, a CIB Apple Pippen, Nintendo and Sony games as far as the eye can see, and even the Gundam-branded Gamecube and GBA SPs, and that's just a tiny fraction of the cool stuff they have!

I haven't really bought much of anything yet, as I'm trying to actually play what I buy before I buy more, but I'm having a really great time here so far ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Ack

by Ack Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:43 am

Nice, Partridge! Congrats on getting to experience your dream. What level of school are you teaching at, and what prefecture?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:03 am

Ack wrote:Nice, Partridge! Congrats on getting to experience your dream. What level of school are you teaching at, and what prefecture?

I'm teaching elementary school and junior high school, mostly elementary school, up here in Iwate prefecture. The climate is a lot like back home in Michigan, and I'm loving the small-town vibe of where I'm at. This is a really great placement, as far as I'm concerned ^w^
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:41 am

PartridgeSenpai wrote:
Ack wrote:Nice, Partridge! Congrats on getting to experience your dream. What level of school are you teaching at, and what prefecture?

I'm teaching elementary school and junior high school, mostly elementary school, up here in Iwate prefecture. The climate is a lot like back home in Michigan, and I'm loving the small-town vibe of where I'm at. This is a really great placement, as far as I'm concerned ^w^

That sounds great, Partridge. I’ve played a lot of Kunio-kun games, though, and I also have some experience with Rival Schools United by Fate. From what I’ve experienced, hot-blooded youth can make Japanese schools pretty dangerous. You stay safe! :lol:
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:57 pm

@Key, Thanks. Glad to hear you are on an upswing!

And congrats Partridge! One of my friends is thinking of doing something similar, so I'll keep an eye on what you say in case there are any tips there she could use.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:And congrats Partridge! One of my friends is thinking of doing something similar, so I'll keep an eye on what you say in case there are any tips there she could use.

If she has any questions, you can feel free to shoot me a PM of any questions she has ^w^
Especially about the company I work for. I don't work for JET. I work for a private company that provides a similar kind of service. Very good company that's far less competitive to get into than JET (at least if you can drive a car) :D
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:03 am

Got paid and...

:shock: Holy fuck! Just over $750! Normally I make around $600 but last week I only had one night off and ended up with overtime. And this week it's basically the same. Dunno about next week, though if this keeps up and I get a full 5 days at Duck Donuts moving to NYC will be a cinch!

:| But holy FUCK am I tired!!!!! Basically if I don't have to work Duck Donuts I can work pretty much as late as I can, after my scheduled hours. Like today I stayed until around half past 8 (about an hour and a half shy of a 12 hour shift), but when I'm working at Duck Donuts I try to get there with enough time to get ready (my shifts typically start at 8am, so I'll probably stay no later than 7:45).
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:25 am

Smile worthy. Brought the family to an Astros game that ended in a walk off homerun in the 10th inning by the good guys. I also cheated on my diet for an evening. Awesome time. Astros Pics:

This is a new client I just brought on. I typically only design systems pre-sale & drive the technical sales process, but this was a bit of an emergency situation. Customer needed it ready by Monday morning and was willing to pay for it so I stepped up. Smile for nerdy skills cultivated further by RB & geeky interest! I installed these Friday evening. 1 POE network switch & 20 IP phones. Ignore the cable management. That's a temp loaner switch until they sign for the new Cisco. I ran into a few frustrating hiccups but got it done around 7p. Was ready for the weekend! Install Pics:

How's yalls' weekend shaping up?
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever