Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Ack Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote::cry: My Grandpa passed.

I'm sorry to hear that, man.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Thanks y'all.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:06 pm

So someone in my department was nice enough to volunteer for the new late night shift. Today being April Fools Day, we decided to have a quick laugh. When the late night volunteer came in, I told him we have to push his shift back another hour. He says, "That's fine." So naturally we're all kind of confused, and I ask him why it's fine. He says, "I had to put my dog down this weekend, so this doesn't seem so bad." Then I felt like a total dick.

At least we didn't go with my original April Fools Day joke. That was to clear his desk off and tell him he'd been fired.
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:So someone in my department was nice enough to volunteer for the new late night shift. Today being April Fools Day, we decided to have a quick laugh. When the late night volunteer came in, I told him we have to push his shift back another hour. He says, "That's fine." So naturally we're all kind of confused, and I ask him why it's fine. He says, "I had to put my dog down this weekend, so this doesn't seem so bad." Then I felt like a total dick.

At least we didn't go with my original April Fools Day joke. That was to clear his desk off and tell him he'd been fired.

I have a better one that just happened. A long time coworker of mine is leaving for another job and moving to FL. He has lots of family there including his mother which he does not have a great relationship with.

We passed a goodbye card around at work which we all signed and wrote a little message. I wrote something to the effect of "You'll be missed. Glad you are going to be near your family". I almost wrote "P.S. Don't kill your mom" for laughs because on a normal day he would get a chuckle out of that. But I thought to myself that that might be a bad idea because I didn't know how she was doing. This may be the smartest thing I have ever done because I found out today she died over the weekend.

I feel terrible for him but man did I make the right call by not writing that last bit.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:37 am

Oh man, yours definitely beats mine (not that this is a competition anyone wants to win). Luckily you didn't write that!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Ticked - Site still blocked at work
Smile - I am still randomly in the slack chat, but I am on call this week and had to do some late night work so I am here for the next bit.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 pm

Started working a new job at a different gas station, and was fired after 1 shift. I was told I was too slow in the drink cooler, even though I was being trained in there and didn't know where anything was or how they organized things :/
On top of that I got my second speeding ticket this year, so that fucking sucks. Shitty month.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
This account isn't used much anymore. You can find me on reddit and steam @ SamuraiMegas as well.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:22 am

:D My dad found my bike!

Oh, wait. Did I mention it got stolen? Anyway, about a month or so ago, my bike was stolen while I was at work, sometime between 10pm and either 3am or 6am (can't remember when I got off that night). But anyway it turns out that for the past month it was behind the BP down the road.

Some people!

Also, that's the day I got my new wireless headphones. Probably the best April Fools' Day ever!!
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:32 pm

Trying to drive back into my job search is just bringing me down- everything I can find is the exact stuff I was told I wouldn't have to do with a college degree. Between that and the debt, I think I'm going to go nuts. I need to be making at least 45k to pay off all my shit, pay for an apartment, be social, and even be considered for dating.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:54 pm

:shock: Over 100 sales at Duck Donuts today. Damn near twice as many as yesterday! It's officially tourist season, I guess. Time to wear my ass out working two jobs!

:D And hopefully moving to NYC this fall.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever