What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Ack »

I knew a kid that had the Teddy Ruxpin doll. I remember when spending the night at his house that sometimes it would activate at 2am. The devil is in those things.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Ack wrote:I knew a kid that had the Teddy Ruxpin doll. I remember when spending the night at his house that sometimes it would activate at 2am. The devil is in those things.

Right!? My kids have/had a Furby that used to do the same crap. They moved it off into a remote corner of the house, and you have to be extra quiet around it, lest you 'wake it up'. Seriously before there was Five Nights At Freddy's we had these little mechanized terrors.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

My wife has a Teddy Ruxpin but she calls it Titty Bitchkins.

Key, that was a heartwarming story.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Got two doubles tomorrow, which is close to 24 hours in 2 days.
:cry: My first paycheck won't be until the week after next. Normally it's every Monday, but the hours for Friday and Saturday (the new week starts Sunday) will be put towards next week's hours.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

:? I'm starting to get super stressed about graduating. Mostly a good thing, and no more school (yay!) but it means I'll probably never see any of the friends I've made her ever again (boo). The idea that I have to go somewhere else, possibly with absolutely no connections scares the crap out of me. And while at least one of these folks swears up and down they'll stay in contact, I doubt it, since her boyfriend hates her hanging with me. One of the others I really like to hang with, but since she wants to leave the state that's about the end of that relationship.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Konacha
32-bit

Post by Konacha »

So on Saturday I hit a Toys R Us that was already closing (it was one of the first stores before every store was announced). That store was down to 80% off and I was able to pick up a lot of toys. Not any games but they had a good amount of toys left. I spent 20 dollars where normally it would be pretty high. The prices were low enough that it made sense to buy them. I also noticed they got to the furniture was being sold off and sure enough I saw people taking some of them, including the signs and all. While the other store I went too that day was only 10% off, I still was able to get some good Amiibo's. I wanted to buy some of the furniture and displays but my car was full of stuff from earlier so I couldn't.

So I went back today to grab a few things, mainly some furniture I had my eye on, however I was told I couldn't buy the signs or anything that had Toys R Us on it (even though I saw people doing that Saturday and been seeing stuff pop up on ebay) and it kinda ticked me off. The manager said that it was corporate that wanted that (even though they are going to be gone soon too). Kinda made me want to steal a shopping cart that found its way down the street so I would have something left of the store. I was able to buy a few signs at Circuit City back when they closed (of course by then it was 90% off) so yeah, kinda smile and ticked at the same time.
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

How did I not know this about my local library!? :shock:
https://www.facebook.com/LewisandClarkL ... 9330937603
I really need to spend more time there. It makes me wonder whether they ever sell off chunks of their collection.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

:| Think I'm hitting the same wall with the new therapist I hit with the first one- I just don't know how to change, refuse to take mess, and can't get into the mindset I need to deal with things. I hate this, because this one problem is the thing keeping from being... I don't know, averagely content? The therapist tried comparing it to other things in my life, but the key difference is that with all the other things, I succeeded in the first 5 or so tries, and I just don't ever see myself "winning" at my issue. I'm stuck in the same place I started (despite about how good I felt with this therapist before), and it just pisses me off. Which doesn't help, as I'm just getting pushed at myself for being such a useless ass.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

refuse to take meds

If you had a heart condition, would you take doctor prescribed meds for it? The brain is just like any other part of your body; things can go wrong and need chemical correction.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

It's just one problem, and taking meds that can affect me in other ways doesn't make sense to fix something I won't die without. I'll die with a bad heart, this will just leave me lonely.