Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Elkin, shoot me a PM if you want.

:? I had a really good weekend this time around. Had a retreat with the church group over a topic that I actually needed to hear. We focused on personality types and how they interact, and how best to get along and work with each other. Focused on Myers-Briggs and Enneagram. Mixed with what I've been going over with the therapist, it puts things in a different light, though it won't be easy to fix things.

On the other hand, it stresses me out because of how little time I have left in college and with these people. I might end up getting a job here and having the chance to be around some of these folks more, but there's no guarantee. I've never done any long distance friendships before that worked well, so I'll have to figure that out. The highs of my connections also bother me a bit, especially in the case of the girl I have a crush on, because I couldn't even attempt anything right now, and if things change, will the circumstances make it a bad choice, or cause her to say no even if it could work? Gah.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

by PartridgeSenpai Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:19 pm

Scared myself into a panic attack today by looking at an old version of a schedule for a class instead of the current one. There was a presentation of a project put for this Tuesday and I was just like "WHAT?! WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A RUBRIC FOR THAT PROJECT YET, LET ALONE ANYTHING ABOUT A PRESENTATION???" It's all good now. I just needed like half an hour to sit and breathe to calm back down again.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:52 am

We just had to give away our dog because he’d been growling and snapping at our son. We took him to a rescue for his breed and it was clearly a nice place; I know he’ll find a home soon. I’m very sad though.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:18 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Had a bit of a nervous breakdown yesterday. I've been having some severe depression and anxiety flare ups the past few months, so I went to the doctor yesterday, and they upped my Zoloft from 100 mg to 200 mg. Then I came home and was shitfaced drunk by 2 pm.

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:55 pm

ESauced wrote:We just had to give away our dog because he’d been growling and snapping at our son. We took him to a rescue for his breed and it was clearly a nice place; I know he’ll find a home soon. I’m very sad though.

That stinks dude. A breed-specific rescue is probably the best scenario for your dog. I'm the kind of sanctimonious jerk who gets upset when someone gets rid of their dog, but I'm not going to give you a hard time, because I can tell you're already giving yourself a hard time about it.

On the flip side, sometimes people act sanctimonious towards my treatment of my dogs. I have a Border Collie (super energetic breed) and my fiance has a Bernese Mountain Dog (big muscular breed). Sometimes people get upset when they see me discipline these dogs. I take no pleasure in striking a dog to correct bad behavior. The thing is... I have to keep stern control over both dogs at all times. If I let these dogs run wild and do anything they want, they could cause a lot of trouble or even hurt someone. That's why consistent discipline is so important for dogs.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 am

And now my second external hard drive has failed in less than 6 months.

I'm starting to think its not the hard drives, but the computer is doing something. But if it is, I don't know what and the internet is most unhelpful in the matter.

Or maybe I need to switch brands or something. I don't know anymore.

At least the recovery program is working....and will continue to work for the next 3 1/2 hours.

So tonight is shot and so is much of my workday tomorrow. Though if they'd gotten me the backup drive I'd asked for I wouldn't have to worry or do any of this.

Hurray
ESauced
64-bit

by ESauced Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:
ESauced wrote:We just had to give away our dog because he’d been growling and snapping at our son. We took him to a rescue for his breed and it was clearly a nice place; I know he’ll find a home soon. I’m very sad though.

That stinks dude. A breed-specific rescue is probably the best scenario for your dog. I'm the kind of sanctimonious jerk who gets upset when someone gets rid of their dog, but I'm not going to give you a hard time, because I can tell you're already giving yourself a hard time about it.

On the flip side, sometimes people act sanctimonious towards my treatment of my dogs. I have a Border Collie (super energetic breed) and my fiance has a Bernese Mountain Dog (big muscular breed). Sometimes people get upset when they see me discipline these dogs. I take no pleasure in striking a dog to correct bad behavior. The thing is... I have to keep stern control over both dogs at all times. If I let these dogs run wild and do anything they want, they could cause a lot of trouble or even hurt someone. That's why consistent discipline is so important for dogs.

Thanks. Yeah I was totally the type of person to judge when someone got rid of a dog but when there’s a kid to protect it all changes. I think my wife is sad but mostly relieved. It’s weird to say but even with a child the house just feels empty to me with the dog gone. I’m having trouble adjusting to it.

On the positive side, I finally took the time to mount the tv and shelves so I can play the Xbox again.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:50 am

I think the increased dosage of my anti-depressant is starting to kick in. I'm feeling a little less apathetic and lifeless. The downside is that, since it's a big increase, I'm having the same side effects that I had the first week or so that I started it back as a teenager - mild nausea and ravenous appetite. Those are starting to subside, but man, I forgot how bothersome that is.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Michi wrote:And now my second external hard drive has failed in less than 6 months.

I'm starting to think its not the hard drives, but the computer is doing something. But if it is, I don't know what and the internet is most unhelpful in the matter.

At least the recovery program is working....and will continue to work for the next 3 1/2 hours.

So tonight is shot and so is much of my workday tomorrow. Though if they'd gotten me the backup drive I'd asked for I wouldn't have to worry or do any of this.

Hurray

which recovery program are you using? i'm trying EaseUS and i think it took 2 days to scan and now going on 3 days recovering, with all the folders showing up but no data. not going very well.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:36 pm

stickem wrote:
Michi wrote:And now my second external hard drive has failed in less than 6 months.

Hurray

which recovery program are you using? i'm trying EaseUS and i think it took 2 days to scan and now going on 3 days recovering, with all the folders showing up but no data. not going very well.

I used Disk Drill. It's worked pretty well so far. Took it about 7 hours to find about 1TB worth of stuff.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever