What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Gunstar Green »

I can't even fathom why this would happen. How much of a mean-spirited asshole do you have to be to try and get someone fired?
marurun

Post by marurun »

Oh, I'm pretty sure the perpetrator knew exactly what they were doing. They are a vindictive little dickbag, that one.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Flake

Post by Flake »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:That seems contrary to the character of the members here. Could it be some random drive-by lurker/troll?

The information is still confidential but we believe we know who it was. We worked with the person to verify the chances that it was someone outside of the forums but there's too much that wouldn't add up. We're working on our statement to the community and should have more to say shortly.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Double you tee eff? That’s a dirtbag move. I can’t believe any member of our forum would pull that. Must have been a random outsider using google.
marurun

Post by marurun »

No, sadly, this was an inside job.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Just "bought" my phone after my Sprint "lease" ended, lmfao. Can anyone explain to me exactly what this tactic is? I guess you pay less up front, but secretly end up paying more in the long run than you would have had you bought the phone straight up from the start. I knew about this months ago and couldn't do much about it. Bit annoyed I have to cough up some cash after a lease is over, but at least I'm contract free again and my bills better be way lower from here on. I could careless about upgrading or starting a new lease. Sprint's been better than T-Mobile which I had back in the day, but I wouldn't really call Sprint "good" either. The service is worthless at my work. If I didn't update Super Mario Run at home, I'm out of luck!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

are we getting some info on what happened?
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

What the fuck is this garbage. Seriously.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Sorry I've been gone for so long, but around the time that Nor'easter hit the Outer Banks, Uglie Mugs' internet went down and I had to use the WiFi over at Oceanas Bistro. And since I was outside there wasn't a lot of places to plug my laptop in.

But since then I've ended up going on food stamps again and they were also able to help with my electric bill.

Due to the storm, my mom wasn't able to get to Avon from Buxton for a while, so I haven't been able to get a new service card for my phone.

But...I should be going back to work soon! They're trying to open on the 31st but they're gonna try to open a bit sooner if they can. Also, me and the rest of the crew at The Point should be going in a week earlier to help get everything ready to open up.

Also, if you wanna see some pics of Highway 12 in Avon between the Post Office and Food Lion (including where the ocean water was washing over), check out these pics on Facebook I took.
marurun

Post by marurun »

So, read this paragraph today and it made me sad, though I'm not sure my experience was so different 20 years ago.

According to the 2016 National Health Assessment by the American College Health Association, over 60% of students felt overwhelming anxiety at some point in the past 12 months. Additionally, over 30% of students reported feeling so depressed it was difficult for them to function, and approximately 10% said they had seriously considered suicide in the past year.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile