Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:51 am

I put in the offer last night, and the seller has acknowledged the offer. She's going to confer with her family and get back to me. Fingers crossed, folks!
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:42 pm

What was your offer, by the way? List, or some amount off of list?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:13 pm

MrPopo wrote:What was your offer, by the way? List, or some amount off of list?

List was $89,000; I offered $87,000 with seller covering closing costs. Figure I can always revise if they don't accept that offer.

ESauced
32-bit

by ESauced Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:05 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:

List was $89,000; I offered $87,000 with seller covering closing costs. Figure I can always revise if they don't accept that offer.

From my experience, if they’re interested, most likely they’ll counter, then you can counter again, ultimately landing maybe at list and they cover closing? Assuming the market there isn’t super hot.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:39 pm

ESauced wrote:From my experience, if they’re interested, most likely they’ll counter, then you can counter again, ultimately landing maybe at list and they cover closing? Assuming the market there isn’t super hot.

That's what I'm expecting.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:35 pm

Well guys, I'm under contract to buy the house! Flake is fronting me a little money - he's a real MVP - so I can cover the due diligence and earnest money since I only get paid once per month as a state employee, but the contract is signed and the wheels are in motion! The sellers sent a counter-offer; whereas I had offered $87k with them covering up to $5200 in closing costs and a closing date the last week of March, the counter offer was $89k with them covering closing costs up to $5200, the major appliances stay with the house, and closing is the last week of April. Since I'm on the hook for rent until my lease runs out in August (don't worry, I've planned a budget for that), that works great for me. I'm stoked.

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:37 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Well guys, I'm under contract to buy the house! Flake is fronting me a little money - he's a real MVP - so I can cover the due diligence and earnest money since I only get paid once per month as a state employee, but the contract is signed and the wheels are in motion! The sellers sent a counter-offer; whereas I had offered $87k with them covering up to $5200 in closing costs and a closing date the last week of March, the counter offer was $89k with them covering closing costs up to $5200, the major appliances stay with the house, and closing is the last week of April. Since I'm on the hook for rent until my lease runs out in August (don't worry, I've planned a budget for that), that works great for me. I'm stoked.

Congrats and good luck on your home. Remember that there is no contract binding until the close, you can always back out.

Get you own building inspector now before going any further and not recommended by the mortgage company. You can also confirm with the city planning to ensure that not only your home, but all blocks surrounding zoned single detached homes only. You do not want a surprise of a midnight convenience store built across the street years later.

Hopefully you lock in a fixed rate so you will not be overpriced out of house payments twenty years from now. On the other hand if not the final home, variable rate might be a better return.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:41 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Well guys, I'm under contract to buy the house! Flake is fronting me a little money - he's a real MVP - so I can cover the due diligence and earnest money since I only get paid once per month as a state employee, but the contract is signed and the wheels are in motion! The sellers sent a counter-offer; whereas I had offered $87k with them covering up to $5200 in closing costs and a closing date the last week of March, the counter offer was $89k with them covering closing costs up to $5200, the major appliances stay with the house, and closing is the last week of April. Since I'm on the hook for rent until my lease runs out in August (don't worry, I've planned a budget for that), that works great for me. I'm stoked.

Congrats and good luck on your home. Remember that there is no contract binding until the close, you can always back out.

Get you own building inspector now before going any further and not recommended by the mortgage company. You can also confirm with the city planning to ensure that not only your home, but all blocks surrounding zoned single detached homes only. You do not want a surprise of a midnight convenience store built across the street years later.

Hopefully you lock in a fixed rate so you will not be overpriced out of house payments twenty years from now. On the other hand if not the final home, variable rate might be a better return.

I'm getting a fixed rate loan, and it's not in any city limits.

Markies
128-bit

by Markies Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:41 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:

Daaaaaaaaamn, those must be some nice prices!

I am in the same boat as you as I hope to move out in early next year.

To get a nice house in a nice neighborhood, I have to pay at least $200K. I am very jealous of your small listing price!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 pm

Yeah most houses here are $200K+ with the waterfront ones getting into a mil+.

Give us some deets on this pad elk.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever