What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by fastbilly1 »

We are passed 2 inches of snow so far, but my boss is in another state that doesnt have snow, so it is business as usual...

Sometimes the ability to work from home sucks.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Last edited by Forlorn Drifter on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
marurun

Post by marurun »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm really struggling right now, and it's times like these I wish I had the guts to just cap myself and get it over with.

It's clear you have the guts to keep going. If you just cap yourself you saddle your family and acquaintances with a lot of hardship and emotional pain. It's common ideation for suicidal people to think that they are helping others by taking that way out, but it doesn't work that way. I think you know deep down that that would actually cause more pain and hurt. Make sure you seek out help.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Last edited by Forlorn Drifter on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
marurun

Post by marurun »

I really think talking to someone could help. I don’t know what I could do, but I will happily PM some contact info to you if you would like me to see what I can manage.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

:evil: My upcoming electric bill looks insane. I have electric heat and it was below 0 a few days the last month or two, that must have done the damage. So much that I called them... but I think it's a combination of my AC unit being this crappy big piece of junk in general and I was probably running it too high. I can't even read any temp on it though, it's just this stupid nob. You got buttons for Off, Low, High, Heat, Cool. Then a nob for Warmer and Cooler on top and bottom... hate it. The biggest negative of this apartment is this junk.

So I bought a tiny space heater for my room and it's already doing a great job keeping it toasty after running for an hour or two. I'm hoping I'll save a lot for the rest of this winter by using this off and on instead. I'll just run the AC if it gets really cold again and try to keep it lower temp than it was.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

I just got my electric bill and it is close to 3x what I normally pay.

We had 2 weeks of under 32 degrees with several days only reaching the teens, so it was ridiculous. I have electric heat and air as well, but thankfully I have a temperature gauge.

The problem is my complex is about 30/40 years old, so the doors and the cracks let in all the cold/warm air during the crazy months. It is one of the things I hate about living in an apartment and I cannot wait to fix when I buy a house early next year.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Markies wrote:I just got my electric bill and it is close to 3x what I normally pay.

We had 2 weeks of under 32 degrees with several days only reaching the teens, so it was ridiculous. I have electric heat and air as well, but thankfully I have a temperature gauge.

The problem is my complex is about 30/40 years old, so the doors and the cracks let in all the cold/warm air during the crazy months. It is one of the things I hate about living in an apartment and I cannot wait to fix when I buy a house early next year.

I live in Kansas, so we're pretty close. My apartment isn't too old but the walls between my place and outside definitely don't seem thick or insulated enough. It hit negative numbers 2-3 times the last month or two here (I live in Olathe, NE-KS). It was so frigid cold that my car wasn't starting which sucked. I went ahead and got a new battery but I guess my 2002 Civic carries such tiny batteries it'll always be a problem, so I spent another $100 or so on some bolt power battery kit that should come in handy if it ever happens again. Not that it's something I WANT to test out, but better safe than sorry. So altogether that was like $300+ for a new battery and bolt kit, the electric bill is like 2x what I was expecting, and the volume at my work has been really bad the last few weeks with weather delays. My last paycheck was 66 hours of 80. Add on the pepper of still trying to recover a bit from the holidays and spending on family... safe to say my wallet hurts a lot right now. :x
marurun

Post by marurun »

Has heat and rates are pretty ok, so it hasn’t been too horrible.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

My electric bill was bonkers last month. I could have purchased loose copies of Zombie Nation and Power Blade 2 for as much as it cost me to heat this place. <sigh> Priorities... :roll:

I discovered tonight that for the cost of a $6.99 per month Britbox subscription - which my wife already wants - I will gain access to a vast library of Classic Doctor Who episodes. :D