Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by stickem Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:26 pm

^^I'm a week late on reading this, because I just dont want to hear about this kinda shit even though I posted about it. Sorry to hear about your situation man. Next month is a year since my wife's sister passed at 38 yrs , been on pills since 15. My wife's mother passed at 50 and her dad at 45. Both pill addicted. It's fucking bullshit. I've had to stay alert about my own wife because of all the addiction around her growing up. Im on her hardcore as far as opiods are concerned. These people got an excuse for anything. I didn't know what a lori tab was at age 25. I'm 43 now and can tell you what anything is. It's a fucking bitch....
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:08 am

I'm actually doing great Bone, no need to worry about me. I've found such a good group of friends, I'm back at my normal school, I'm a senior and I have no responsibilities. Only thing I could ask for is to get hired somewhere :lol: but I kind of have taken the month off and haven't applied a ton of places. Quite honestly the happiest I can remember since like, elementary school.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:52 am

Ack wrote:I am also on anti-anxiety and anti-depression meds, and I'm about to go out of the country. I had to time my last prescription pick up so that I can get a refill right before I leave; otherwise I'd be coming off my meds in a foreign country, which would be...unpleasant to say the least. The thought of a 10-hour plane ride while suffering constantly recurring panic attacks is not one that thrills me.

Safe Travels, Ack. I'm glad you have this all sorted out.

stickem wrote:^^I'm a week late on reading this, because I just dont want to hear about this kinda shit even though I posted about it.
I feel you on that one, stick.
stickem wrote:Sorry to hear about your situation man. Next month is a year since my wife's sister passed at 38 yrs , been on pills since 15. My wife's mother passed at 50 and her dad at 45. Both pill addicted. It's fucking bullshit.

Thanks, stick, and sorry about your wife's parents.

John's funeral was on Saturday. I left work in Richmond, Virginia Friday around 3pm and drove straight to Boonville, NY (about 1:20 north of Syracuse). I only stopped for gasoline and coffee. I arrived around midnight. This place is so far out in the boonies, that they actually call it Boonville. :roll:

Saturday morning we went to the funeral parlor, then to the Catholic Church for an elaborate funeral mass, then an hour-and-a-half drive to the cemetery. It was freezing cold in that cemetery.

I spent the whole time trying to comfort my fiance and her grieving family. I feel like I have aged a year this week. :(

Yesterday I drove my fiance all the way back home. Now I'm back at work trying my hardest to fake a smile. :mrgreen:
Ack

by Ack Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:11 pm

Hey Samson,

We love you, man.

- The folks at Racketboy.com
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Thanks Ack! You're the best.

You guys on the Racketboy forums are the only ones who know how I really feel about all this. It wouldn't do any good to criticize John aloud while his family is grieving. Anything I say on social media or at work would ultimately get back to the family, so I've been keeping my thoughts to myself for the most part. This is the only outlet I have right now. Sorry for bringing down the mood.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:01 pm

:) Scored a VR headset for my phone for $10 at Dollar General, where last week I found some damn good jeans for $12.50.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 pm

Just got back from midnight Star Wars at iMax:

No spoiler but just an opinion
Honestly might like the prequels more than the first 80% of the movie. Could cut it all out and the same core story would have taken place, like a piss weak slap stick comedy with way too many forced jokes and cute creatures.
Doesn't hold a candle to the two that came before it.
Ack

by Ack Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:12 pm

emwearz wrote:Just got back from midnight Star Wars at iMax:

No spoiler but just an opinion
Honestly might like the prequels more than the first 80% of the movie. Could cut it all out and the same core story would have taken place, like a piss weak slap stick comedy with way too many forced jokes and cute creatures.
Doesn't hold a candle to the two that came before it.

Damn, that sucks to hear. I was hoping for an Empire Strikes Back.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 pm

:lol: i did a kid a favor and bought him some vape juice and a pack of swisher sweets. i hand them to them the next day (today) and he asks me how to eat them. he thought they were candy. i was promptly handed them back because he doesn't want them. lmao.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:09 pm

:| c'mon dude, don't buy nicotine for teenagers. I thought you were cool, samurai.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever