Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
DNT 2.5
64-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by DNT 2.5 Sat May 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Happy- I got a weekend off of work
Pissed- Realized I have nothing to do this weekend.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Sat May 01, 2010 5:24 pm

This made me smile today:
It's a great Make-a-Wish story
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/l ... oy30m.html

Thankfully, nothing has ticked me off. :)
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Haoie
128-bit

by Haoie Sat May 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Good: Finished Legend of Kay [very underlooked game!]
Bad: Headache
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Octopod
Next-Gen

by Octopod Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:23 am

I decided to make myself a breakfast burrito and as I was cooking up the eggs and potatoes and whatnot I forgot my tortilla in the oven. My last tortilla. It didn't burn but it was too hard to make a burrito with so I had to just set the fixin's on top of it. Not the same at all. :cry:
alexjames01
24-bit

by alexjames01 Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:49 am

Lately I've been working so hard trying to save up money for my upcoming wedding. I spent the entire weekend working on projects from home. I stared at the computer for, what seems like, 48 hours straight. Lines of code after lines of code. I finally finished for the weekend and got to bed at 5:00 am... only to have to wake up for my real job at 8:30 this morning.

I got to work... sat down... and smiled because I realized that, at work, is the only real time I get to relax and use a computer for something other then design and programming :D

... but i should probably be doing some work
lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:16 pm

I just got something I ordered off Ebay today, and it was delivered by a UPS track with flame decals and a stereo system that was blasting rock music. :D I also saw a Boy Scout Troop leader get into a fistfight. :lol:
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
I Feel Asleep!!
64-bit

by I Feel Asleep!! Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Made me smile: Some 80's mario merch I ordered FINALLY got shipped today. AND it's my day off and swimming is in my near future. 8)

Ticked me off: Dumb texts from an ex. :lol:
vash23n
Next-Gen

by vash23n Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Ticked: Technology breaking down all around me. iPhone home button non-responsive, router broke and turns out setting up a new one is just a big a pain in the ass as they used to be, TV getting massive interference from somewhere. After trying everything, I am realizing that my TV I bought in the early 90s is maybe on its way out. At least the router is finally up and running after solving the conflict between my Mac and the stupid software it came with. Looks like another trip to the Apple store to argue that I haven't dropped my phone in water, to try to explain that the home button is indeed broken even though it is magically working in the Apple store, and to get it replaced by a refurbished used POS that will break in another few months. I love the iPhone, at least what it can do. Starting to think the Droid is looking more and more attractive.

This is a rant thread so I won't bother rereading what I just typed and getting more ticked off... plus I am waiting for the internet to crash or something meaning I will lose everything I just typed. That always tends to be the icing on the cake. Sorry for any incoherence.
vash23n
Next-Gen

by vash23n Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:33 am

Oh and what the hell's up with facebook making you do all this stupid crap lately. I have my interests section and want it to be the way it is. Facebook, however, would like to turn it into some thumbnailed POS that serves no purpose other than being a pain in my arse. They can't even recognize half the stuff I have on there - I like L'arc~en~Ciel and facebook separates it into three pages: L'arc, en~Ciel, and L'arc~en~Ciel. Personally I don't give a crap about sharing anything so I will most likely delete everything and be the guy that douchebag who runs facebook swears doesn't exist, but the site is a great way to keep in touch with those people I went to various schools with who live all over the country. I know many people will say just use the phone, but phone bills are still an issue for some of us. I just hate how facebook doesn't give you any option to opt out of any of their new upgrades. It randomly sends me to pages where I have to either check what I am interested in or log out. I can't even say that I will do it later or that I am not interested. There is no home link to click on, just do what facebook thinks is best or logout. Have you seen the latest news articles with the guy who runs facebook, trying to be like Steve Jobs and Apple. This is the guy I hated in college - frat guy who never studies or goes to class and drinks his way through school, being completely happy to have a C average.

Wow this was a bad day. I had a few beers tonight to relax and it is now 1:30am (the next day) and I am still jumpy. For those who read this, please realize that my fuse is about 5 miles long, plus it can be blown out by the slightest breeze. It takes a lot to annoy me, but it still happens now and then.
Metal Militia
128-bit

by Metal Militia Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:28 am

Smile = National League FINALLY won the All-Star Game and Marlon Byrd throwing David Ortiz out at second was awesome! :mrgreen:
Ticked= Present big speech in class tomorrow.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever