What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Ziggy »

I have a friend that was about your age when he joined the army, maybe a little older. A year or two after he joined I asked him something like, "Do you still like the army?" or "Do you regret joining?" His answer was kind of ambiguous, but he basically said that he did not regret joining the army. It wasn't a matter of liking the army or not, it was more about not regretting the road not taken. He used the words, "I did something with my life." Instead of just working at some job for those years, he was in the army.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:evil: Bike stolen!

:) New ID card came in the mail!

:D Return of the Living Dead 2 on Blu-ray came in the mail today as well. It was a pre-order that came with a poster and it was shipped early!
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

If I were to stay with the post office I think I would try for a postal inspector job but it almost seems like military service is a prerequisite for that with how fast they seem to close postings down after the military preference period is up. So if I didn't like it I could always swap to that a few years down the road or maybe get another degree with a gi bill if eligible.

I really need to put some thought into it though now that I have full benefits + retirement from the postal service. Need to look into the army reserve and national guard as well could possibly keep my job that way and they even give you 15 days a year of paid military leave to use. However I don't know how they feel about people who are wanting to join while in service as opposed to already being a part of the reserve or guard prior to being hired.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

You’re a grown man. Take control of your destiny. Do it. Or don’t. The choice is yours alone.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Feeling foolish right now. My girlfriend couldn't find her car keys this morning. So I took the key off my ring and handed it to her.

Flash forward eleven hours. When I get the car back, GF's keys are in the ignition. I drive to the gym, but stuff gets stolen around here, so I lock everything valuable in the car. I stash GF's keys in the car because who needs two key rings in your pocket, right? I just walked out of the gym. Guess what I forgot. :oops:

Also, it's raining now. I'm currently waiting on AAA to come pop the door open for me. I feel like such a flipping idiot. :roll:
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

That's why I have a spare I keep in my wallet. Only downside is if some asshole steals my wallet they have access to my car as well :P. Only time I left my keys in my car luckily I was in a soft top jeep and was able to unzip the back window and climb through.

:) : So I talked with my family and I'm going to go for it and try to enlist. It's going to take a while to get to the shape I need to be safely though I'm 6' 5'' and 300lb and the Max weight for my height is 232lbs.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Dam, you should have been a left tackle
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

stickem wrote:Dam, you should have been a left tackle

Indeed!

I’m also 6’5”. It’s a great height, but it can be difficult to drop weight. If you want any tips, Fragems, let me know!
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Most effective seems to be punishing everyone else while you eat a jelly donut. At least, that's what I remember from Full Metal Jacket.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

6’5”?

Damn it must be hot up there.
I’m at a cool 5’8”

Also:
:D nothing to report
:cry: I’m short