What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

Hope you have plenty of savings and/or another job lined off if/when you "fuck off".

:D I got my copy of H.G. Wells' "The War of the Worlds" from Bitmap Books today, literally only a few days after ordering it. I previously bought their book of classic FPS games and even at first glance I knew I'd keep my eye on their other books, especially if they're on sale like this one was.

:shock: NYC is apparently sinking. Granted it's only 1-2mm, which is apparently 8/100th of an inch, per year. But still!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Life kind of blew up last week but things have settled down for the better. Sometimes it's best not to have people in your life.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

SamuraiMegas wrote:Sometimes it's best not to have people in your life.

QFT.

Did a little bit of yard work over the weekend. Caught Poison Ivy. :(

It doesn't itch too terribly, so it is very mild. But, I do have red spots over me and a large one underneath my eye.
I joked that it looks like I got into a fight over a girl. :lol:
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Good thing I'm getting paid by the hour or working six days a week at my afternoon job will piss me off twice as hard. All that cash is the only good thing about all the shifts I'm working.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Feeling pretty good after remembering my password. What's happening?
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Gonna be back to working a normal schedule with two nights off and no midshifts.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:cry: Little brother's in jail again. Literally weeks before his 30th birthday. At first he was doing alright and staying sober but steadily he fell back into his old habits.

And my mom's dealing with chemo again after they found something in her lymph nodes. Ideally she'd be able to take it easy, so naturally she's still working and taking my niece to dance cheer. And now she's got a son behind bars.

A big reason why I don't like to ask for help is because everyone else has got more pressing matters to attend to.

:shock: We're under a ground level ozone alert. Apparently it's worse in upstate New York where one of my coworkers is from

:lol: On a lighter note, guess who bought a Powerball ticket on Saturday and lost it?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Bought a new game case for my Switch games. It holds 48 cards...

:lol: ...and is too big to fit in my carrying case if my Switch is in it.

But in all seriousness how's everyone re: the Canadian wildfires? My area's under a Code Orange and has been for a few days. Granted I'm farther away than in New York. In NYC, it's cast in an orange glow that someone I follow on Instagram called post-apocalyptic.

Hope everyone is doing alright.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Holy crap! I just saw the thing at the end of today's "Daily Dose of Internet" about our smog converging directly on the NYC area. I'm just fine here. Not even much smoke as the Okanagan Valley kinda protects us from outside stuff. There's definitely a bunch of small fires close by here tho. My parents were travelling around the area and saw two wildfires being waterbombed really close to the highway the last couple of days.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck recently, and thanks for collecting all that smoke down there for us.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ack

Post by Ack »

If you have ever seen Night of the Comet, that's pretty much NYC these days.