What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Octopod
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Octopod »

Something that has made me smile the past few days. Health care reform was passed. A good first step at any rate. :D
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Octopod wrote:Something that has made me smile the past few days. Health care reform was passed. A good first step at any rate. :D

Amen to that, even if the bill was eviscerated by the time it was done (I think it's hard to call the change significant without a public option to challenge the insurance companies...).

Anyway...

Ticked me off: grading a particularly awful batch of assignments

Made me smile: knowing that it's just basketball, brew, and PAX from 7pm tonight 'til Monday.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

dsheinem wrote:
Octopod wrote:Something that has made me smile the past few days. Health care reform was passed. A good first step at any rate. :D

Amen to that, even if the bill was eviscerated by the time it was done (I think it's hard to call the change significant without a public option to challenge the insurance companies...).

Useful little calculator:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sp ... s-for-you/
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Luke wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

Useful little calculator:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sp ... s-for-you/

I live in Massachusetts. I am already required by law to have health insurance or pay a fine. How ever I am fairly poor now-a-days so I get free insurance through the state that counts. Best insurance I have ever had in my life. Ever. I make an appointment and I see my doctor fast, whenever I want and I have no co-pay at all. I get regular check ups which I like cause if I am going to get cancer or something I want to catch it as soon as possible. Prescriptions cost me $1, 100% free dental. Discount of gym memberships and all that. They also pay for rehab and stuff like that if someone needs it.

I just went yesterday as a matter of fact to get labs done because last time I had them done they told me that my blood pressure was getting near high and they put me on fish oil. Hopefully I got that shit in check but I doubt it since I have not been taking my fish oil pills and I eat like shit. I wonder if it covers a nutritionist...

Edit: My insurance is not an option on that calculator.

Isn't the Washington Post a highly right wing paper anyhow?

Edit: Forgot my point, lol.I realize that state run and federal run are not the same but they should have done something similar to what they do here.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Made me smile: Going home for Easter Vacation

Pissed me right the hell off: My brother in-law has had months to pick up an iron bottle opener for me, and still hasn't. So now my drive home will take an extra hour, because of his lazy ass. No more favors for him.
DerekG52
32-bit

Post by DerekG52 »

Pissed me off: Last minute coding to finish up a short week of emergency fixes to an existing web application. 16 hour day yesterday, 5 hours of sleep currently.
johnnydoyle123
24-bit

Post by johnnydoyle123 »

today a customer really f***d me off

but i smiled because i had completed viewpoint on the marty :D
http://www.youtube.com/ajgamesinsider
currently collecting : pc engine / nec consoles and games
specializing in rare games ,,,,, and weird stuff no ones hear off
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

This picture really makes me smile:

It's Dr.Dre at Fenway getting in a little batting practice. He just looks like a happy kid, and not the either dead serious producer or intimidating thug. Just goes to show that everyone has a soft side. And, just look at him. He's beaming. Looks like he's just having the time of his life.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

I feel like shit basically. I have been sick for a week now and I went to see my doctor yesterday and I have a bacterial infection in my throat. Yes, that is gross, I know. I am all drowsy and groggy and my sleep schedule is fucked. I was in bed until 1 PM after being awake probably less than ten hours over the 36 hour previous to that. I am on several medications one of them being a Lidocaine mouth wash to numb my throat. It numbs my whole mouth so I have to hope I do not bite my tongue off. Plus I have a headache and my lungs hurt from all the coughing. Today I started sneezing my head off. Like literaly 10 or more sneezes in a row frequently and I ran out of tissues so I am using paper towels and my nose is getting sore now. :cry:
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Ticked off:

May have broken a bone or two in my right hand. The bruising doesn't look that bad in this pic, but in person, my hand looks really green from the ring finger down to the wrist. Although my cuticle beds sure do look nice.

I was sparring last night, and landed a heavy and solid right on my opponent's temple. Sent him straight down, and heard a "pop", like a bubble gum bubble popping. I thought it was the sound of his ear cartilage breaking, as I didn't really feel any pain. This morning, however, my hand hurts like crazy. It's either throbbing or going numb, and I can't get my pinky finger to touch my ring finger.

I guess I'm more mad at myself for getting into this situation, but I doubt I'll be quitting MMA anytime soon.