What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

Guess who, assuming the schedule isn't changed, is getting 48 hours next week. That's 8 hours of overtime. Pretty much makes up for only getting 24 this week.

Also I went up to Walmart two nights ago (first time I left the island since last May when I had that training at the Duck Donuts in Nags Head). Bought a 24-inch duffel bag, an umbrella, a new pair of jeans (I previously only had on pair that I recently had washed since probably last fall), a neck pillow for the bus ride and a Harry Potter poster.

Also has a small late lunch at the KFC/Taco Bell at Whalebone Junction and a late dinner at the Wendy's near Walmart.

Also how would one furnish a room in NYC with little money and no car? I guess for the time being just use an air mattress. Thinking about going with a loft bed.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

REPO Man wrote:Also how would one furnish a room in NYC with little money and no car?

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGt-Sdwzxyw
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Sounds like you need to save for a little while longer dude. that's a big move with the small amount it looks like you have saved and looks like you'll be playing alot of shit by ear. Not to mention sounds like you can only get low paying jobs. i'd save a few more thousand bucks to give you more of a cushion to find work and all your other expenses you'll have. Don't bank on every thing going your way. you need quite a bit in saving until things go your way. You don't want to living in the streets.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Ziggy587 wrote:
REPO Man wrote:Also how would one furnish a room in NYC with little money and no car?

Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGt-Sdwzxyw

PIVOT, REPO
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

stickem wrote:Sounds like you need to save for a little while longer dude. that's a big move with the small amount it looks like you have saved and looks like you'll be playing alot of shit by ear. Not to mention sounds like you can only get low paying jobs. i'd save a few more thousand bucks to give you more of a cushion to find work and all your other expenses you'll have. Don't bank on every thing going your way. you need quite a bit in saving until things go your way. You don't want to living in the streets.

I don't have the luxury. With things slowing down business-wise I'd end up losing hours at Food Lion (and Duck Donuts, assuming they stay open during the off-season, though that's probably 8-12 hours a week at best), so I'd have a harder time paying my rent and bills. And last year I racked up $900 in back rent due to my hours at Food Lion drying up after we finished inventory (which started around the time I started).

So, between losing hours at one job, potentially getting laid off from another, and potentially losing stocking job (apparently if my work output drops too much I could be subjected to an evaluation that could cost me my job), staying on Hatteras Island would wipe out my savings (or at least a good chunk of it), and then I'd have to spend another year stuck on this island.

In other words, there's no guarantee I'd be able to move if I put it off even by a week.

Thankfully things are going alright, aside from the fact that the decently-price place I've been looking at is unfurnished. But the minimum wage in NYC is at least $13.50, and is raising to $15 by the end of the year, and I can probably get by with an air mattress. And since I'm going up with just a duffel bag with 1-2 weeks of clothes, I won't need a dresser or anything.

I'm gonna look up cheap loft bed plans, since then I'd be able to use the space underneath for storage.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

:| First birthday where the only people who said anything were family. I guess I'm getting old enough that people don't care, but it still sucks.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Forlorn Drifter wrote::| First birthday where the only people who said anything were family. I guess I'm getting old enough that people don't care, but it still sucks.

Happy birthday FD! We care.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Dont worry, eventually you'll get a wife that pisses the family off as well. Then nobody calls.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, my wife and I took the week off to relax with each other. Today we go back to work.

Sigh.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

:D :D I'm a huge Wu Tang fan, and I'm going to their concert tomorrow.
And I just got given GZA's phone number. I'm so pumped.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread