What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ESauced
64-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by ESauced »

Well I’m happy right now because my 9-month-old son is sleeping for over two hours straight without waking up because of gas or hunger.

And I’m ticked off because I have insomnia right now so I’m not able to use this opportunity to get some desperately needed sleep. I’m so tired all the time.
marurun

Post by marurun »

ESauced wrote:Well I’m happy right now because my 9-month-old son is sleeping for over two hours straight without waking up because of gas or hunger.

And I’m ticked off because I have insomnia right now so I’m not able to use this opportunity to get some desperately needed sleep. I’m so tired all the time.

Parenting is like that, apparently. My kid is 15 months and he still often wakes up once a night and needs someone to check on him or to nurse. But we're OK with that. He still sleeps most of the night on most nights.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Man, has it really been 15 months? Time flies...
marurun

Post by marurun »

People tell me that. It ain't flying, yet, but I'm sure once he's, like, 5 I'll look back and say, just like almost everyone else, "It seems like he was an infant only yesterday!" And then someone should probably punch me.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hahahahaha, hey, I'm just an outside observer here!
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

marurun wrote:People tell me that. It ain't flying, yet, but I'm sure once he's, like, 5 I'll look back and say, just like almost everyone else, "It seems like he was an infant only yesterday!" And then someone should probably punch me.

Hahaha. Yeah I’ll promise to punch you if you’ll do the same for me if I say it.

It feels like time is both flying and at a crawl for me because I haven’t slept well in months so I’m basically living in a fog. I would kill for him to wake up just once, or even just 3 times, a night.

Last night he actually slept for over 3 hours straight for the first time since he was under three months old (he slept great as a newborn). And I took a new medication which apparently gives me horrible insomnia so I completely missed the opportunity to sleep. I was glad to see him rest well of course. But he seems to be doing fine with his sleep how it is; I’m not functioning. I used ten hours of pto last week just because I kept sleeping in.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I just want to add that I really like this forum by the way. It feels like a community and not a who’s the biggest jerk contest like most gaming forums seem to be.

I’ve been spending a lot of time here and it’s helping me occupy my mind during a tough month
marurun

Post by marurun »

ESauced wrote:Last night he actually slept for over 3 hours straight for the first time since he was under three months old (he slept great as a newborn). And I took a new medication which apparently gives me horrible insomnia so I completely missed the opportunity to sleep. I was glad to see him rest well of course. But he seems to be doing fine with his sleep how it is; I’m not functioning. I used ten hours of pto last week just because I kept sleeping in.

I just naturally have insomnia, but my brain can occasionally turn it off if all the stars are aligned. That's the only way I have survived. My son wasn't sleeping mostly through the night until we decided to do sleep training around 9 months. I wouldn't consider starting it before 6 months, though. 6 months seems to be the sweet spot for folks who's babies don't just naturally sleep all the way through on their own. My wife chose to allow a single over-night feeding to she could get some extra skin time with him, and we're sort of retaining that. Talk with your pediatrician about sleep training, read up a bit on it, and consider it down the road a bit.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Thanks I appreciate the advice. Maybe I can tak my wife into it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

ESauced wrote:I just want to add that I really like this forum by the way. It feels like a community and not a who’s the biggest jerk contest like most gaming forums seem to be.

I’ve been spending a lot of time here and it’s helping me occupy my mind during a tough month

I’m glad you feel welcome! We are a pretty chill group (generally).

Good luck with the tough times. Mine are 6 and 8 now and sleep more than I do. Those first few years were rough though, and while I absolutely love having children, I am so happy I’ll never have to care for a baby ever again.

Keep hangin’ tough. The hard times will be over before you know it (and if, like me, you don’t get any sleep, you’ll hardly remember them when they’re over!).