What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
chupon
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by chupon »

So do you live in Buxton or Avon? I’m trying to figure this out.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
chupon
Next-Gen

Post by chupon »

I see the Duck Doughnuts near Avon.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Ack

Post by Ack »

REPO Man wrote:And let me guess. Where you live, there's a nearby airport. The closest actual airport where I live is in Norfolk, almost 2½ hours away. But if yours is just as far, let me guess. You can drive there.

Must be nice to "drive to the airport" and "ride on a plane".

Must be nice to make excuses.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

How is not having a car or license an "excuse"? Lots of people I know don't have cars. And I had more interest in taking the test every month until I passed than my family had in taking me after failing a few times. Seriously, at some point they just stopped taking me. And I always was one or two questions away from passing.

And it's Avon, chupon.
Ack

Post by Ack »

And how long ago was that?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Yea, just do youtube, or hell, even tiktok. Seriously, find 2 people, or even just do it yourself, and do some short slasher in your town. People LOVE those bum fuck nowhere slashers.

It's been over 3 years and I didn't even get 1000 subs yet to show how hard it is to break in, either that or I suck lol. But then again, if the intro of my zelda video is me talking to an erotic voice actor from France who's worried that I'm having dreams about Tingle, then my stuff might just be too weird.
Flake

Post by Flake »

REPO Man wrote:Must be nice to "drive to the airport" and "ride on a plane".

Must be nice to not do shit with your life and still talk like you're a misunderstood auteur with their magnum opus on the horizon.

Move to NYC. Film a movie. Or shut up about both. No one has sympathy for you at this point. It's old.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

@Ack: Mid 2000s. Eventually I figured that if I was going to live in NYC, I probably wouldn't need a car. Aside from the added costs associated with car ownership (insurance, upkeep, parking), there'd be little need for a car unless one were to leave NYC. And even if such a need arose, renting a car would be cheaper if you only need a car once in a while.

If I managed to get my license at some point in the near future, I'd probably only drive when I go up with my mom and niece when they go to dance cheer. And then I'd pay for gas and treat my mom and niece to Wendy's.

And if/when I get the money to move to NYC, I'd just rent a car, pack my stuff and drive. Even if I could pack ALL my stuff, I'd just focus on two weeks' worth of clothes, some books, my tablet, my Switch, my PS Vita and 3DS. Oh, and my computer, even though I probably won't have a TV to connect it to for a long while.

Speaking of which, any particular NYC tips literally no one seems to talk about? I know not to carry too much cash but still have enough to tip (I figure $20 in singles should work). And to avoid the empty subway cars. Also, don't accept CDs from people on the streets, don't pay for comedy show tickets on the streets and to not act too much like a tourist or transplant. Oh, and definitely find a side hustle. Don't slack off, don't get distracted and don't assume to be the best because you're more than likely not. Never bad mouth the city and always root for the home team.
Ack

Post by Ack »

So you quit trying to get your license over a decade ago?

Also, don't eat pizza with a fork and knife.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Without a way to get to the DMV bus once a month or the DMV in Manteo an hour away, I didn't have much of a choice. They had the means of getting me there and chose not to. I don't know many people well enough to ask, either.

Also, with a knife and fork? I get the appeal but do that depraved shit behind closed doors, thank you very much! It's bad enough folks put pineapple on pizza. Hot sauce I get. Honey, I would give a try. Bacon, totally! Hell, I'd even put fries on my pizza, but then again I'm weird and love that about myself. But pineapple?

Last edited by REPO Man on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.