What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by gtmtnbiker »

gtmtnbiker wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Ticked: Paid for my 360 on 5/27 but the seller didn't ship until 5/30. Via UPS Ground. And the tracking says "Scheduled Delivery: Monday, 06/04/2012, By End of Day" so now I won't get to play it over the weekend because UPS Ground sucks and doesn't deliver on Saturdays apparently. :x

I dunno. I find UPS ground to work pretty well. I have a Fedex Ground package that was shipped on Wed from Illinois that is expected today. I just got off the phone with Fedex to make sure the package is delivered after 4pm since a signature is required.

It's a new Sony Vaio S laptop. It'll replace my existing laptop which is from 2004. I'm looking forward to using it and not having my lap get warm from the CPU/battery.

FedEx tried to deliver the laptop around noon even though I told them to not come until after 4pm. Apparently with Fedex ground, you can't specify a time window for delivery. So they'll try to redeliver it tomorrow (Saturday). I signed the slip so they can leave it on my porch if I'm not home for some reason. I hope I don't get burned here.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

AppleQueso wrote:Replaced that fuse finally, TV works great now! :D

@BoneSnapDeez: Yikes, that's pretty underhanded. Never had any store do something like THAT to me.

@ BoneSnapDeez That bites. If the store is a franchise I would raise fuss with the District Manager and get that employee fired. At least find out who is the big boss and raise a fuss.

@ AppleQueso - Congrats on saving your TV!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

Not video game related, but I rode in a longboard (skateboard) marathon today. Finished the 26.2 miles in 2hrs 20mins. 1st place finished in 1 hour 39 mins.

Smile: I finished the race, and kept a decent speed the whole time.

Ticked: Some girls didn't listen at the start when the fastest racers were supposed to be up front. The first major wreck from everyone trying to pass them happened right in front of me, causing me to tweak my knee and take a board to the ankle within the first 1/2 mile of the race; I skated the rest with a very sore knee. It was brutal.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

CRTGAMER wrote:@ BoneSnapDeez That bites. If the store is a franchise I would raise fuss with the District Manager and get that employee fired. At least find out who is the big boss and raise a fuss.

Can't do much about it unfortunately. It's an independent business and the person who pulled that BS is the manager. Best way to "get back" at the store would be to simply take my business elsewhere.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:@ BoneSnapDeez That bites. If the store is a franchise I would raise fuss with the District Manager and get that employee fired. At least find out who is the big boss and raise a fuss.
Can't do much about it unfortunately. It's an independent business and the person who pulled that BS is the manager. Best way to "get back" at the store would be to simply take my business elsewhere.

Their loss for local customers. Sneaky to do that, though as an independent a ploy to survive by selling at a higher cost online. Maybe post the store in the Retro Game Store Directory as a NEGATIVE, one to avoid?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Can't do much about it unfortunately. It's an independent business and the person who pulled that BS is the manager. Best way to "get back" at the store would be to simply take my business elsewhere.

Another reason why local game collecting in Maine seems to be a giant black hole of suck
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

:) : More hours at work than before.

:( : Two of my co-workers are upset with me because my extra hours came at their expense.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

Smile: Got Blade of Darkness up and running on my Windows 7 partition. Then I made some serious progress in it, for the first time in months. Also, this recipe.

Frown: This is still a ruthless game. I wish the bow was more useful. Once you knock an arrow, you're locked in place and you can't return the arrow to your quiver. This is fine for stealth kills, but it makes dueling the ranged enemies something of a pain. Luckily, you can usually pick your arrows up again. Between Demon's Souls, Diablo 3 and this, I need to find a relaxing game to play as an alternative.

Edit for another frown: This damn game just cost me a whole night's sleep. I don't think I played more than 3 hours of actual gameplay, but I'm so bad about saving...
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Smile: Going to grill out today, play catch with friends, and do some yard work. It is a gorgeous day to do all of those things.

Ticked: I haven't seen Prometheus yet. Hopefully by Wednesday I will have been prometheonized.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Smile: Saw a play with a lovely lady yesterday. Both the show and the company were top notch.

Frown: What better way to follow up so awesome an evening than a morning of....laundry.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?