What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Ack »

Forlorn Drifter wrote::cry: My Grandpa passed.

I'm sorry to hear that, man.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Thanks y'all.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I have a better one that just happened. A long time coworker of mine is leaving for another job and moving to FL. He has lots of family there including his mother which he does not have a great relationship with.

We passed a goodbye card around at work which we all signed and wrote a little message. I wrote something to the effect of "You'll be missed. Glad you are going to be near your family". I almost wrote "P.S. Don't kill your mom" for laughs because on a normal day he would get a chuckle out of that. But I thought to myself that that might be a bad idea because I didn't know how she was doing. This may be the smartest thing I have ever done because I found out today she died over the weekend.

I feel terrible for him but man did I make the right call by not writing that last bit.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Oh man, yours definitely beats mine (not that this is a competition anyone wants to win). Luckily you didn't write that!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ticked - Site still blocked at work
Smile - I am still randomly in the slack chat, but I am on call this week and had to do some late night work so I am here for the next bit.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Started working a new job at a different gas station, and was fired after 1 shift. I was told I was too slow in the drink cooler, even though I was being trained in there and didn't know where anything was or how they organized things :/
On top of that I got my second speeding ticket this year, so that fucking sucks. Shitty month.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D My dad found my bike!

Oh, wait. Did I mention it got stolen? Anyway, about a month or so ago, my bike was stolen while I was at work, sometime between 10pm and either 3am or 6am (can't remember when I got off that night). But anyway it turns out that for the past month it was behind the BP down the road.

Some people!

Also, that's the day I got my new wireless headphones. Probably the best April Fools' Day ever!!
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Trying to drive back into my job search is just bringing me down- everything I can find is the exact stuff I was told I wouldn't have to do with a college degree. Between that and the debt, I think I'm going to go nuts. I need to be making at least 45k to pay off all my shit, pay for an apartment, be social, and even be considered for dating.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:shock: Over 100 sales at Duck Donuts today. Damn near twice as many as yesterday! It's officially tourist season, I guess. Time to wear my ass out working two jobs!

:D And hopefully moving to NYC this fall.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

REPO Man wrote::shock: Over 100 sales at Duck Donuts today. Damn near twice as many as yesterday! It's officially tourist season, I guess. Time to wear my ass out working two jobs!

:D And hopefully moving to NYC this fall.

I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you REPO!