What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Never thought I'd see a fight over tape. If anything, I should take some tape and tape everyone's mouth shut!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

You can talk about wrapping paper. You can talk about bows. You can talk about what you're getting for the folks on your list, so long as you don't use any real names. You can talk about holiday traditions. If you don't celebrate Christmas, you can talk about that.

:D I bought a set of six 12-inch Power Rangers action figures for the boys.

:?: Now I'm thinking of what item of reasonable equivalency for the girls. Naturally I'm thinking getting each girl a Funko Pop. Just got to figure out each girl's favorite bands, shows, movies and so on.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I was at the store the other day and saw a good price on the Scotch satin-finish gift tape, but I realized we already have a few rolls. Also, we don’t wrap that much as I’m no good at it. We try to limit wrapping with gift bags, and that means less tape. I don’t want a repeat of Costco-gate which had me ending up with 5 unopened Clorox 2 and 3 unopened massive rolls of Reynold’s Wrap. I really need to keep a Costco supply inventory so I’m don’t get too much back-stock to fit in cabinets and closets.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I'm just grateful for the fact that I'm still on my first roll. And for the fact that the $7.99 three-pack from Ace is a better deal than $4.29 per roll at Food Lion.

Hope I have enough wrapping paper for the presents I still have to wrap.

Plus I still need to get my brother to get the rest of his stuff. That'd help me free up much needed space.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

marurun wrote:I was at the store the other day and saw a good price on the Scotch satin-finish gift tape, but I realized we already have a few rolls. Also, we don’t wrap that much as I’m no good at it. We try to limit wrapping with gift bags, and that means less tape. I don’t want a repeat of Costco-gate which had me ending up with 5 unopened Clorox 2 and 3 unopened massive rolls of Reynold’s Wrap. I really need to keep a Costco supply inventory so I’m don’t get too much back-stock to fit in cabinets and closets.

That reminds me. I got one of those Scotch Tape dispensers, the classic desk kind. I thought it would be more useful, but as it turns out the only time I really ever use it is when wrapping gifts. Which is mostly this time of year. The dispenser itself is great, it's an actual Scotch brand. But the shitty tape I have in there, probably generic Office Depot brand or similar, tears if you pull it too hard. Being that I only use it once or twice a year, that roll has lasted me for quite a while. I suppose I could just throw that roll away, but that seems kind of wasteful. It's very near the end of the roll now though, so I think I'm just gonna toss it. I may splurge and get actual brand name tape for it!

I don't mind saving a bit when you can buy in bulk, especially with things that don't expire. But it really sucks when you completely misjudge how long it'll take you to use something, and some bulk item ends up taking up too much space for too long. Also, I've noticed when you have too much of something, you're more likely to use it at a higher rate then you normally would.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

REPO Man wrote: :D I bought a set of six 12-inch Power Rangers action figures for the boys.

Including the Green Ranger?

Too soon, man!

Ziggy587 wrote:That reminds me. I got one of those Scotch Tape dispensers, the classic desk kind. I thought it would be more useful, but as it turns out the only time I really ever use it is when wrapping gifts. Which is mostly this time of year. The dispenser itself is great, it's an actual Scotch brand.

At work we actually keep Kapton tape in those dispensers.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
marurun

Post by marurun »

I have a translucent purple tape dispenser. You may all commence with the jealousy.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

marurun wrote:Between the internet and cheap tech (cameras built into cell phones, even) there is no reason whatsoever for someone who wants to be making films to not be writing scripts and filming scenes. People who “want” to make films are the ones who do nothing but wait for their perfect film ideas to spring forth from the aether fully formed. Nothing happens, nothing moves forward, until you do things. Lots of great people getting famous on YouTube.

Honestly, REPO, as much as you complain about it, your location might be one of your best assets right now.

You live in a place most people in the Eastern U.S. have heard of, and many have visited or want to visit. It contains lots of scenic beauty. You have a lot of seasonal work and then a long off-season where work is pretty dry, you have free time, and a lot of places are shut down. This provides you access to both potential interesting filming locations and a local population with extra time on their hands.

It's unfortunate you don't have a car to crash, but I'm sure you could destroy your bike pretty spectacularly. You just have to make sure you get it in one take...
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Limewater wrote:
REPO Man wrote: :D I bought a set of six 12-inch Power Rangers action figures for the boys.

Including the Green Ranger?

Too soon, man!

Actually it has the White Ranger from season two.

And I actually got the set BEFORE news broke that Jason David Frank passed away.

Same with the graphic novels I got them. In case you're wondering, the TMNT crossover and the Godzilla crossover.

If I had a bit more cash I'd also get the three two-packs Hasbro put out as part of their Lightning Collection based on the TMNT crossover and possibly the Shredder Green Ranger figure. But those two-packs are over $50 each.

Plus the more action figures I buy the boys, the more Funko Pops I'd have to buy for the girls. I know either Peach or Daisy likes K-Pop, but their mom, my ex-sister-in-law Betty hasn't responded yet. Meanwhile Veronica hasn't said anything about Paulina and Rosalina.

Thank God as a former 8yo boy I have a decent idea about what Mario and Luigi would like. And at age 2, Link and Zelda are insanely easy to ship for. Stuffed animals, bright toys and books they can pester their parents and older siblings to read them. :lol:
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Life is too short to deny yourself a quality tape dispenser.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.