What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Luke »

Smile: Back from vacation.

Ticked: Back from vacation.

edit* This happened during my vacation:

While on a 55 mph highway, I got stuck behind a pick up truck going 45. I passed him, and then the guy started tailgating me. At a stop light, the guy pulled up next to me, and started screaming "You're a F---ing Idiot!". And you wouldn't believe what I did... I ignored him.

Usually I would have taken off my watch and ring, gotten out of the car, and yelled something close to "And you kiss your fat wife with that mouth?" , "That's a very poor choice for your last words", or anything I thought would make him actually try to confront me. But, I just let it go. It would have been nice to mop the asphalt with the guy's face, but wasn't worth my time or effort, especially on a vacation. Still, I'm puzzled why the guy was so angry that I passed him when he was going ten miles under the limit.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

Ticked:My Nes is blinking :(
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Luke wrote:Smile: Back from vacation.

Ticked: Back from vacation.

edit* This happened during my vacation:

While on a 55 mph highway, I got stuck behind a pick up truck going 45. I passed him, and then the guy started tailgating me. At a stop light, the guy pulled up next to me, and started screaming "You're a F---ing Idiot!". And you wouldn't believe what I did... I ignored him.

Usually I would have taken off my watch and ring, gotten out of the car, and yelled something close to "And you kiss your fat wife with that mouth?" , "That's a very poor choice for your last words", or anything I thought would make him actually try to confront me. But, I just let it go. It would have been nice to mop the asphalt with the guy's face, but wasn't worth my time or effort, especially on a vacation. Still, I'm puzzled why the guy was so angry that I passed him when he was going ten miles under the limit.

Jeeze and I thought it was because the vacation was over. At least not boring in traffic.

Well maybe a smile, you probably got that jerk more angry inside by ignoring him.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

CRTGAMER wrote:Well maybe a smile, you probably got that jerk more angry inside by ignoring him.

Coming home is bitter sweet, ya know? You're glad to be home, but you still wouldn't mind being on vacation.

Yeah, that guy was a loon. I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of a reaction from me. I don't know if he was insulted be me passing him or what. I've never seen someone get so mad from being passed.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Luke wrote:Yeah, that guy was a loon. I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of a reaction from me. I don't know if he was insulted be me passing him or what. I've never seen someone get so mad from being passed.

Try driving the streets in southern CA. Wife would sometimes spit her tongue out giggling like the kid who stole the candy. The reaction is hilarious, really throw's them off instead of the bird salute!
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

dgamemuster
128-bit

Post by dgamemuster »

glad to have you back in vacation without a black eye man. now about that contest....
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

CRTGAMER wrote:Try driving the streets in southern CA. Wife would sometimes really throw someone off by spitting her tongue out giggling like the kid who stole the candy. The reaction is hilarious, really throw's them off instead of the bird salute!

Pretending to cry and giving the ol' "Boo Hoo" is a good one too. But, the self-satisfaction of taking out an asshole isn't worth my wife's safety. That guy obviously didn't have any self-control. Since I was out of state, I didn't have my sidearm on me, and who knows what that douche nozzle had in his truck.

It's nuts. I have a few friends in the Marines that look for reasons like this in order to get into fights and/or give them a reason to shoot a jerk. The only fights I've been in that don't include hockey or MMA I've always tried to avoid. I love the sport side of fighting, hate bar/meaningless fights. No one really wins (yes, even if you knock someone out with a single punch), and there are many better ways to get your point across.

Thinking about it, every bar/meaningless fight I've been in, I fought a drunk guy, and I've never thrown the first punch. Might be a surprise after reading some of my posts, but very rarely have I taken satisfaction from taking someone out. When sparring, it's always a rush to beat someone who has much more experience than you, but I've never gloated, there's mutual respect there.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

dgamemuster wrote:glad to have you back in vacation without a black eye man. now about that contest....

Hey buddy.
Shoot CG5 a PM. Let's agree on a time to meet on IRC chat.

Bout time to DO THIS!
dgamemuster
128-bit

Post by dgamemuster »

Luke wrote:
dgamemuster wrote:glad to have you back in vacation without a black eye man. now about that contest....

Hey buddy.
Shoot CG5 a PM. Let's agree on a time to meet on IRC chat.

Bout time to DO THIS!

PM sent to CG5.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Today I saw this little baby laughing and kicking on the tram, it was like shut your kid up!