What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
NotLuke
24-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by NotLuke »

Michi wrote:That's when you're supposed to hit the ceiling with a broom and yell, "Quiet up there!"

Disagree. That's when you start shouting awkward encouragements.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

:D Finally scored an NES mini!

Rent is due on the first; I probably should not have spent $60 on this, but I’ve been wanting it for a long time.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That's what mac n cheese, ramen, and tap water are for. Won't like it, but won't kill you either.

All I'm seeing online is huge supplies, not instant sellouts locally, and plenty of controllers too. The scalpers appear to have been fairly well scalped.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

This won’t make me popular but I bought one of the initial run of the NES mini and sold it for a nice profit. Helped me fund my gaming habit. Nintendo always has a second run of popular items that sell out. It happened with Mario All Stars on Wii, it happened with Amiibo and it now happened with the NES mini. I bought one and sold it knowing that if I wanted to buy it again I would be able to. People get furious at scalpers but if you just have a bit of patience and some common sense you can just wait until the product is available again.

The flip side is, as a scalper you have to realize you have a limited time to capitalize on this. I have no pity for anyone who is sitting on a crate of these now that it’s available again.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I am still just seeing scalper prices on it everywhere.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Did you try Best Buy? Says it won't ship till the 20th, but it's still listed at $60.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Between facebook, going around town here the last couple of hours, and corroborating some stuff I've come to a few basic conclusions.

Nintendo learned and did not learn their lesson.

What they did learn was to put ample console supply out which they did. Even at after 4pm here I was finding systems around on shelves or behind the counter places (even found a SNES CE too which is rare.) Controllers though, 100% gone on the 5 spots I tried before I had to come back. Reading online and seeing what I have, plus getting a few store reps to poke a general stick at inventory I found a pattern.

Consoles stores got like 10-30 or more and a promise with a feed to come, so probably assume SNES CE roll out which keeps their damn the scalper press bit months back. The controllers are miserably low. Some stores got nothing, others got like 3, a few did get a bit more. It's like maybe if you average it there's like perhaps 10% quantity to system ratio going on here. Hopefully this isn't persistent or the prices will just suck on the controller. Right now you can pay 2.5 the value ($25) on ebay to get one, which is a good bit less than the $50+ it was last go around.

I was hoping to snap up a controller 2 for the couple consoles we have in the house.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I haven’t tested this, but my understanding is that you can use a Wii classic controller or the controller from the SNES mini.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

My local Game Stop has 6 NES minis!
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

samsonlonghair wrote:I haven’t tested this, but my understanding is that you can use a Wii classic controller or the controller from the SNES mini.

This is a true statement.

You can also use the Wii classic and Pro controllers on both the NES & SNES mini. You can use the PDP and Hori GameCube controllers as well since they register as classic controllers.

The reverse is also true: you can use both the NES & SNES controllers on the Wii/U via the Wiimote and the SNES controllers on the NES mini.

Lots of combinations!