What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by CRTGAMER »

To get back on track, receiving a woody DC controller that i bought from hashiriya1
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=246446#p246446
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

Noam Chomsky spoke at my school today. It was pretty cool.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Octopod wrote:Noam Chomsky spoke at my school today. It was pretty cool.

Never heard of him had to Wiki. WOW! Must have been some lecture, any thoughts?

There was TV series on Discovery Channel called Connections by James Burke. Local college has it on DVD.
Study of the way one event or idea leads to another, I would have loved to sit in on one of his lectures.

Good professors have knowledge, the great ones inspire the students to hypothesize knowledge.

Smile
Octopods reminder for me to watch Connections again.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

I had read some of his books and essays before and watched video of him debating William F Buckley Jr sometime in the 60's, I have had respect for him for several years so it was an awesome opportunity. I did not even know he was speaking until yesterday so I had to skip out on one of my classes but that is alright.
He spoke about the media. It was a nice talk and I enjoyed it a lot. When it came time for questions no one asked him about the topic he was there to talk about and starting asking him about Haiti and the cold war, lol. I am super glad I went.
Bikeage
128-bit

Post by Bikeage »

The girl bagging my groceries who seemed to be autistic or have Asperger syndrome told me to "Have a happy day!", that made me smile......... then a few minutes later some idiot ran a stop sign in the parking lot and almost hit me, that ticked me off.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Octopod wrote:I had read some of his books and essays before and watched video of him debating William F Buckley Jr sometime in the 60's, I have had respect for him for several years so it was an awesome opportunity. I did not even know he was speaking until yesterday so I had to skip out on one of my classes but that is alright.
He spoke about the media. It was a nice talk and I enjoyed it a lot. When it came time for questions no one asked him about the topic he was there to talk about and starting asking him about Haiti and the cold war, lol. I am super glad I went.

Very cool, My guess is lecture on influence media has on society?
Great that you managed to be on hand, interacting with one of your studies.

Another smile!

super_aggro_crag
8-bit

Post by super_aggro_crag »

ticked me off: wrote a check to the IRS for $1437.00 ouch!
Lifelong game obsession!
Atari 2600, Colecovision, NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

super_aggro_crag wrote:ticked me off: wrote a check to the IRS for $1437.00 ouch!

That stinks! I have been listening to many people who feel lucky that they only owe the IRS $200 this year... I know most people love having more money in each paycheck, but I still write 0 on my W2 and get my banging $3000 dollar refund each year! I know technically if you do it the other way you somehow make more, but it seems like such a hassle and I know more people who owe than break even.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

My daughter turns 1 today.
MaliceValentine
32-bit

Post by MaliceValentine »

Made me Smile: Went back to my old high school today like 3 years later with my best Friends, Remembered That make shift fishing rod we made in maths made me die of laughter, we made it from a thimble with string and a paperclip as a make shit shaft. we wrote a note Ms Coonan is a lesbian and lowered it to the window from our maths room on the second floor, not knowing it was Ms Coonans office,We were laughing at the thought of the classes face reading the note saying WTF, there was an odd tug on the string then she barges up to our room infuriated "WHO DID THIS!" with me and Jimi holding this crappy fishing rod out the window going "FUUUUUU"

Ticked me off: Still haven't found a replacement Dreamcast and my friend Debbie refuses to sell hers to me D=