What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
harper
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by harper »

Kind of excited about the fact that I just ordered an everdrive 64. :D
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
Markies wrote:Yesterday was my Birthday.

This morning, I get into a little Fender Bender.

Typical of my life. :|

Oh shit, dude. Glad you're okay at least. And happy belated birthday! Sorry I didn't see that at the bottom of the forums and make a happy birthday post. v.v

Don't worry about it! Turning 36 is not that big of a deal... :lol:

It's nothing too terrible. We were both backing out of our parking spaces and ran into each other. It's only my bumper, so I'm really hoping that it is a quick and easy fix. It's just the frustration of it all...
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

harper wrote:Kind of excited about the fact that I just ordered an everdrive 64. :D

Jealous. I've considered getting those and selling off my actual games. I probably won't because I'm me, but the thought has crossed my mind.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

ESauced wrote:On the bad side the plumber I hired did an awful job. He didn’t seem to bother tightening his compression fittings so they all leaked and I had to redo his work. And even worse, I hired an electrician today that my wife checked the work of and after I already paid him I went to the house to find that

1) He didn’t do the job the way I asked

And

2) The work he did might have broken the boiler.

My wife is very handy but doesn’t do any electrical do I don’t blame her for not seeing the issues. But now we don’t have a working boiler in the middle of winter and we were hoping to move in this Saturday. Fingers crossed that we can get it fixed quickly and no pipes freeze in the meantime.

Dude I feel your pain here. Our boiler finally threw in the towel a couple of years ago right in the middle of winter (after a few frustrating years of limping it along with frequent error codes and manual restarts). Good luck and hopefully in your case you won't have any further issues. Congrats on the new house!
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
harper wrote:Kind of excited about the fact that I just ordered an everdrive 64. :D

Jealous. I've considered getting those and selling off my actual games. I probably won't because I'm me, but the thought has crossed my mind.

I'm the kind of person who obsessively wants to get rid of/consolidate things so it's a good option for me. Haha
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I updated my tinder last week and started using it, and as soon as I did that I've had a flood of women to talk to, so my confidence is basically at an absolute max. Though, I found a girl I like at school that I'm taking out already so that other fun is over.

Sorry if it's a little inappropriate , can't share it too many places :lol:
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

^^ Catfish. ;) Hah.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:

I could literally have written this exact post. I was looking at these a few months ago. I’ve done a lot of consolidating to get rid of clutter for the baby, but really what that amounted to was

-buying myself a retron 5 so “my systems take up less space” That’s what I told myself and my wife anyway

- putting my hundreds of disc games into a bg disc wallet and putting the cases away in a plastic storage bin.

I didn’t even have it in me to just sell the cases so fat chance I’m going to talk myself into selling my 50 or so 64 games and replacing them with an everdrive. The original cartridges are part of the fun!
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

nullPointer wrote:
ESauced wrote:On the bad side the plumber I hired did an awful job. He didn’t seem to bother tightening his compression fittings so they all leaked and I had to redo his work. And even worse, I hired an electrician today that my wife checked the work of and after I already paid him I went to the house to find that

1) He didn’t do the job the way I asked

And

2) The work he did might have broken the boiler.

My wife is very handy but doesn’t do any electrical do I don’t blame her for not seeing the issues. But now we don’t have a working boiler in the middle of winter and we were hoping to move in this Saturday. Fingers crossed that we can get it fixed quickly and no pipes freeze in the meantime.

Dude I feel your pain here. Our boiler finally threw in the towel a couple of years ago right in the middle of winter (after a few frustrating years of limping it along with frequent error codes and manual restarts). Good luck and hopefully in your case you won't have any further issues. Congrats on the new house!

Thanks! Fortunately it appears to have just been a big coincidence, or possibly turning the system off and on as the electrician did triggered an existing issue with the fan. We have a home warranty so hopefully won’t be paying much, but we will have to wait for the part to arrive. We’re going to go mad if we spend much longer at my mom’s house so I’m really hoping we can still move into our house this weekend
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Tanooki wrote:^^ Catfish. ;) Hah.

Haha, that was actually a but of a worry of mine. Surprisingly no issues.

I've been exercising and stuff lately and it's starting to pay off, and things have all around just improved.

I know there's some users here who are struggling, and to an extent I am too. I have done a lot of thinking about how I managed to get myself out of my rut, and I gotta say, it all starts with yourself. Start on the outside. Buy some nice(r) clothes. Get a sense of style. Start to exercise. Slowly things will fall in place as you begin to feel good about yourself. I know no one asked, but I felt the need to share that.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread