What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by REPO Man »

:D Had a nice night with my niblings last night. I accompanied them trunk or treating, first at the one here in Avon and another one at a church in Frisco. Then we went back to my brother's ex's place and I put on The Addams Family. I didn't own it on Blu-ray so I downloaded it via the Prime Video app on my Chuwi Larkbox, along with the sequel, some Are You Afraid of the Dark episodes and the first episode of AAAHH! Real Monsters.

:( Got an error message during the graveyard scene with Gomez and Morticia and the video wouldn't play. I even tried rebooting my Larkbox and nothing. So I put on AAAHH! Real Monsters.

:D Overall the kids had fun. One of my nieces, "Daisy" was with her dad (the guy my brother's ex dated after they broke up) and at some point my nephews "Mario" and "Luigi" went with their dad (my brother's ex's second-most recent boyfriend), so it was just me, my other nieces "Pauline", "Peach" and "Rosalina". Oh, and my youngest nephew "Link" who I met on my birthday when he was a month or so old. He's a month or so younger than my youngest niece "Zelda".

And before you ask, I didn't get anything set up in terms of a stand for my screen. Maybe next time, though it has been getting chilly out.

But I'm already working on ideas for another movie night. One involves a double feature of the two theatrical Doctor Who films starring the late great Peter Cushing as the titular Doctor. Another involves showing Matilda and preparing a recreation of Miss Trunchbull's Chocolate Cake, which I haven't had since 5th grade when our teacher read us Matilda and we watched the movie and made a recipe out of the Roald Dahl cookbook.
marurun

Post by marurun »

It's been a tense week. The time change and all the extra candy in the house has given my child additional incentive to not sleep well, and that's been heaping additional stress (from our own lost sleep) on an already stressful week. But while the sleep issue hasn't been completely fixed, we may have a path forward. And other things are starting to calm down, too. I may eventually be able to reclaim my anxiety levels a bit, but we'll see.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

You ate all the candy, didn't you?
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

That's why he's so cranky now. The high from the sugar rush has tanked.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I'll be glad when the candies gone in my house. If I have to pick up one more candy wrapper off the floor from my bad ass kids i'm going to snap. Every dam year!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

A friend died of cancer and another has to get eye surgery within 24 hours of a diagnosis. Too much happened today.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Fuck cancer. My Grandma had it and while she survived it, she sadly passed a few years later. Hard to believe she's been gone over six years now. And months ago, like in March iirc, my mom tells me and my brother that she has breast cancer. She's been dealing with chemotherapy and surgery, and all that in top of everything else in her life and a worldwide pandemic. And lately every time I hear an ambulance (my house is a short walk from the main highway) I freak and call her to make sure she's alright. She's definitely tougher than me with these things, that's for sure.

But in happier news, I got started on my Christmas shopping. A plush Pikachu for both the babies and Jumanji, the book in hardback, the '90s film with the late great Robin Williams on DVD and a Jumanji board game.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I had kidney cancer when I was like 3-4 years old. I still get checkups on it bi-annually and starting next year the checking procedures are gonna be more intense to the point that I need to take a few days off. Looks like complications are more common with radiation treatment as you age.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

As i get older the one thing that I'm afraid of is cancer. No matter what shape I keep myself in, it's like it's a lottery. You can't do anything to not get it and that's scary. For 3 years ago my kidney's were at less than 60%, no fucking reason why. Dont drink, workout 4 days a week, hardly any body fat and no symptoms. For whatever reason my bloodwork showed normal last year and no more bloodwork or doctor visits. But no explanation either.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

nothing sucks worse as a dad than missing trash day the day before Christmas!