What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I just give up. There's no point in trying with people.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
marurun

Post by marurun »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I just give up. There's no point in trying with people.

It can be super hard to keep up with college friends. College is a rather artificial environment in a lot of ways, and is highly temporary. Then again, it doesn’t hurt to stay in touch with people in a more low-key way (even Facebook counts, here), because sometimes when they have adjusted to adult life they start to want to see their college buds again because they miss that oh-so temporary point in their life.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

How'd everyone make out in Hurricane Florence? I stayed with my uncle and his girlfriend in Buxton, where I didn't really lose power (save for a brief blink), mostly just caught up on sleep missed throughout the summer (working 70-75 hours a week with 3-5 hours of sleep on average). Also watched Hurricane Bianca (again) and the sequel, along with Mary and Max. And played video games (I brought my TV and PS4 with me, just so I wouldn't be bored), and also brought tons of books if the power went out (it didn't).

Once I got back home after a few days, I straightened up my place and set everything back in place. Also threw out everything in my fridge and freezer. And swept. Amazing how much nicer my place looks.

Also apparently someone's planning to buy the lot my house is on, iirc with the intent on turning it into an impound lot. Though this shouldn't affect my staying here, at least according to my landlord.

Still gotta check to see if I work tomorrow at Oceanas Bistro, though I believe Duck Donuts will be closed until Thursday.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Thanks for checking in. We were wondering how you made out
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

marurun wrote:
Forlorn Drifter wrote:I just give up. There's no point in trying with people.

It can be super hard to keep up with college friends. College is a rather artificial environment in a lot of ways, and is highly temporary. Then again, it doesn’t hurt to stay in touch with people in a more low-key way (even Facebook counts, here), because sometimes when they have adjusted to adult life they start to want to see their college buds again because they miss that oh-so temporary point in their life.

It's more complicated then that. I ended up having two issues that should have been kept separate come out together when I was drunk, making her think they're related when they aren't. And this will probably effect my relationship with her best friend, who I want to actually stay in touch with because she's from the area where I live and actually plans to come back and stay once she graduates.

Of course, this person isn't talking to me anymore, so I don't know wtf is going on.

@repo
Good to hear you made okay with the storm coming through.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

:shock: : September is already over halfway over.
:twisted: : That means October cometh...which in turn means Horror Movie Month cometh.
:mrgreen: : I must prepare a movie list....
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I need to actually take October seriously. I see each year you all run some monster this or that with movies and I never get to it for whatever reason. I do like horror movies, but I never get motivated to start one which is kind depressing and annoying.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I do a horror themed gaming thing. I got Resident Evil and Zero on PC I will play through during the month.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Last year I ended up binge watching American Horror Story on Netflix for the entire month of October, but this year I definitely wanna try and watch more horror flix and maybe play a few games too.
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

REPO Man wrote:How'd everyone make out in Hurricane Florence? I stayed with my uncle and his girlfriend in Buxton, where I didn't really lose power (save for a brief blink), mostly just caught up on sleep missed throughout the summer... watched Hurricane Bianca (again) and the sequel, along with Mary and Max...played video games.

I believe Duck Donuts will be closed until Thursday.

No damage in my neighborhood save for a fallen tree, but I can't say the same for friends in New Bern and Washington. Grifton and Ayden also have large areas without power, and ECU isn't resuming schedule until 9/19, so the semester is having a soft reboot :) Times like this will make you consider opening a chainsaw rental service or door to door chainsaw sales. I'm both staff and student with over a week off so with my time I've been fairly predictable by spending my time playing piano, cooking meals that take a day to prepare, roughhousing with my dog Cookie, qt with the wife, watching a few flicks, beating a couple games (Ghouls n ghosts, Super Ghouls n ghosts) and playing a plethora of them too (Condemned, Spider-man 2, Tekken Tag 2, Battletoads, Kid Chameleon, Resident Evil 2, Aladdin, Mortal Kombat 3, Killer Instinct, Starfox, Starfox 64, Star Wars Dark Forces, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Kinnect Advetures, etc.).

Long live Duck Donuts.