What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

-null-
Last edited by ElkinFencer10 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Well yeah, religion preference should have nothing to do with hate, separate issue, but you know how that goes.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Also, quite frankly, I don't care what my students' religious beliefs are because I probably think they're all ridiculous. You're going to treat people with respect, or you're going to get the fuck out of my classroom. If your god doesn't like that, then it's welcome to smite me.

Cheers to that. On the plus side though; at least when you hear this stuff you can speak up and try to educate the kids. I work for a company in a conservative rural area and while no one has said something as bad as your student did, I’ve heard some pretty awful, ignorant things come out of people’s mouths and I kind of just have to keep my mouth shut about it because I need to stay employed.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

SamuraiMegas wrote:haven't slept well in weeks, i keep waking up in the middle of the night, usually around 4. and then yesterday i just had a complete trash day too, let my friends dog get out on accident and i had to chase it for half a mile literally right after i smoked a cigar and drank some beer. 0/10. got lucky though and someone stopped to help me.

I suffer a lot from insomnia too. If you want some advice read the spoiler. If you aren’t looking for advice, then hey I hear you and know how much that sucks. Hope it gets better:

Try melatonin. 3 mg should do it but it comes in 1 mg if you want to start with a smaller dose.

If that doesn’t work try lemon balm. It has worked well for me in the past.

If you can, I would avoid drinking or smoking while you’re dealing with sleep issues. Drinking causes restless sleep and nicotine keeps you awake.

If you’re not drinking and none of the supplements work try Benadryl

And if all that fails and you’re still waking up at 4, just roll with it. Read a book and don’t think about the fact that your awake. The more anxiety you have over being awake the harder it’ll be to fall back to sleep.
marurun

Post by marurun »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm teaching them that their opinions on other people's lives don't matter because no matter what you opinion is, you don't get to be a douchebag to someone because of who they are. I don't care if you think that guy is going to hell for dating another guy. You still don't get to be an ass hole. I don't give a crap what you believe; I care how you treat people.

That applies to the forums here, too. We can't tell any of you what to think about something, but we CAN tell you how you will treat other board members, and that is with a basic modicum of respect. If your beliefs make you feel you cannot show someone appropriate respect because of their gender, color, religion, sexual preference, etc..., you can keep your mouth (and fingers) shut and keep it to yourself, because we don't want to hear (read) it.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Apologies if I came off as directing frustration at you, stickem. Wasn't my intention. I'm not as eloquent as I (sometimes) might otherwise be right now with the exhausting week I've had, so if my lazy way of wording things made that come off the wrong way, I apologize.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

It's all good. Yeah I could sense it a little lol so I was trying to be very careful with my wording.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

:( No new Doomsday Clock issue this month.

:( Xenoblade Chronicles 2 NG+ patch delayed until March 2nd

:( Our Mac guy at work was let go a few months ago. The guy they hired to replace him has zero Mac skills. So now I'm the Mac admin as of this month.

:( I've come to learn that High Sierra breaks a lot of traditional imaging solutions because of the new APFS file system and newly required firmware that makes it work. We can't afford JAMF so I'm looking at workarounds and free MDM platforms.

:) I did get DeployStudio working with Sierra images so we will be good for a while so long as we don't order any new hardware.

:( Piecemealing a nearly free imaging solution for Macs is super clunky and full of gotchas. I'm not a fan. It seems Apple really wants folks to use a MDM to manage Macs just like iOS devices. Further evidenced by the fact that they are gutting their Server app soon. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208312

:? I will be tackling Mac software deployment after I get imaging/MDM squared away. Right now I am looking at Munki and/or Apple Remote Desktop.

/end Apple rant
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

What state are you in, bmoc? I’ll apply to be the new Mac guy in your company.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Hah, I hope you like paycuts because I guarantee you'd be taking one if the position wasn't filled already (I work in education). The new guy is carrying his weight but he isn't currently qualified to manage our small Mac fleet. I'm getting there now that I have some Macs to tinker with. Pretty soon I'll have our Mac support on par with our Windows support. It won't stop me from bitching about it though. :lol: