Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:44 pm

SamuraiMegas wrote::D I own just sold 11 shares in gamestop right now that I’ve owned for months. Looking like I'll be going to japan on wallstreet's dime.

FTFY

I hope you didn’t just buy it...
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:53 am

Yeah, it's important to actually realize your gains with an event like this. If you wait too long and the sell off begins you're screwed; as a retail investor you don't get priority and your orders won't execute until it's tanked.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:20 am

Right.

Also, I would not be surprised at all if we ultimately see some indictments from this particular event. With new apps easing access to capital markets, I think you have a lot of people trading stocks right now that have absolutely no understanding of securities laws. A lot of the activity on stock trading message boards, Reddit, and social media is pretty clearly market manipulation, regardless of whether the motive is to make money or “stick it” to institutional investors. Moreover, it’s pretty ham-fisted and obvious since, again, I don’t think the people engaging in it have much of an understanding of securities laws. (I don’t blame them. They’re complex!) You aren’t really that anonymous on any message board, and I’ll be curious to see what the fall out is from this whole event. My guess is that we’ll see some charges against people that thought they were anonymous on Reddit, don’t understand securities laws, and don’t understand why a pump-and-dump scheme is wrong (sort of like we saw with the dot-com bubble almost twenty years ago).
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:39 pm

I admit I bought a little AMC stock yesterday and it's been fun to watch all the bizzaroid wackiness going on. It's currently tanking big but the memesters are spicier than ever. Robinhood and possibly other platforms are blocking people from buying GME, AMC, NOK, and BB. The narrative that it's "us vs them" is spreading like wildfire on social media.

I'm comfortable with taking a wash on this whole thing but if nothing else it's extremely interesting to follow! For now, I'm holding because it was money I didn't really need anyway and I see the possibility of a bounce in the near future.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:00 pm

Awesome. That’s a very healthy way to look at it, Nemoide. Enjoy the ride!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:10 pm

I average 127 a share and have been watching closely. The short hasn't started yet, there's only been gamma squeezes as the major players keep buying into their positions and continuously make the situation worse for themselves. It's going to be nearly impossible for me to lose money at this rate, and it's not enough to actually harm me if was to lose some.

What can I say, I like the stock.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:16 am

Very strangely, a lot of flat bed photo scanners are out of stock pretty much every where right now. My mom wants to scan a bunch of photos that she got from her parents, and her current scanner is very old and I just couldn't get it to work with Windows 10 (there's no drivers for it). So she asked me to pick her out a new scanner to buy, but like I said they're pretty much back ordered everywhere for some strange reason.

I really wanted to get her an Epson Perfection for a few reasons, and Amazon says they wont be in stock until April LOL. But I found the model I wanted to get her in stock on Best Buy, so I ordered it for her. It came in and I was very disappointed. It was very clearly not factory sealed, as evident by the factory tape being broken and Scotch tape being applied. So I unpack everything and, yep, it's clearly been repacked. So I examine it very closely, as I'm SURE it was bought and then returned for some reason. Sure enough, there's a small nick or something on the underside of the glass.

That really grinds my gears. This has happen to me several times before. I buy something and then find out that it was already returned once for being defective or something. Like, if a customer returns something because it's broken, WHY would you put it back into inventory to be sold again?! That's just so frustrating to me.

Well at any rate, there's no way I'm letting her keep it. So I go on Best Buy's website to set up a return. First off, they don't even ask WHY you're returning it. I mean, you click on 1 of 5 options like "damaged during shipping" or "defective" buy they have no free text box. I really wanted to let them know that it was very clearly already returned once and should no be sold a THIRD time. And second, they don't even have an option to exchange it for another one! Just to get a refund. OK, fine by me, Best Buy. Give me my money back and I'll give it to Amazon!

Now whenever you talk about Amazon, there's always one person that says something like, "Yeah, but they're hurting other businesses like Best Buy!" No, Best Buy is hurting themselves. They resold defective merchandise that was returned once already, then on top of that don't even offer to replace it. That's bad business. You should look to keep your customer's money. When you have a defective product bought from Amazon, they ask "how can we make it right?" and give you options to replace, exchange or refund. What a bone headed thing to do to only offer a refund. Well, that's fine, because I'll never order from Best Buy online again. Chains like these can blame Amazon for hurting their business, but if they stepped up their game they would be able to compete just fine. They're hurting themselves. Amazon has always understood that great customer service is THE key to a success retail business.

/rant
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:44 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Now whenever you talk about Amazon, there's always one person that says something like, "Yeah, but they're hurting other businesses like Best Buy!" No, Best Buy is hurting themselves.

As a customer, the things I want are a product in good condition at a good price. If Amazon is able to pull that off then they should succeed. And it's not like Best Buy is a local mom and pop run by your buddy Ray.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:17 pm

I mean, you should be able to get good customer service from any company. Big or small.

I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:11 pm

I was more referring to the idea of supporting local stores for those intangible benefits. With Best Buy it's a corporate giant.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever