What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ESauced
64-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by ESauced »

I think you made the right choice. And if you’re anything like me the odds of staying in one place for 15 years are pretty slim anyway.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

-null-
Last edited by ElkinFencer10 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Man that is both depressing and scary. Sucks you have to deal with that.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

-null-
Last edited by ElkinFencer10 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funk_Farmer
8-bit

Post by funk_Farmer »

That's some heavy stuff Elkin. Kid's are some of the meanest people on the planet. They don't fully understand the effect and consequences of their words and actions. My son is 5 and we have a neice and nephew both around 9 that we constantly take care of because their parents are drunks. I don't know how I'd handle a kid saying the things you mentioned but I know how to prevent it, at least for the kids under my guidance. I make the time to be there for my kids and take an active role in teaching them about the world. I'd be ashamed if one of them said something like that. After recent events it's more important than ever that everyone takes on the responsibility to stand up to, care for, and guide one another. Especially kids. Left to their own devices all kids are little shits and if somebody doesn't do something about it then they grow up to be big shits.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

In what little good yesterday held, I got a package from prfsnl_gmr with a PSP Hatsune Miku game and a PS3 Final Fantasy game. Granted, the Final Fantasy game is non-functional because it was the MMO, and the PS3 servers have been deactivated, but it's still a cool part of Final Fantasy's history in my opinion and gives me something to point to when I rant about online-only games. :D

funk_Farmer wrote:That's some heavy stuff Elkin. Kid's are some of the meanest people on the planet. They don't fully understand the effect and consequences of their words and actions. My son is 5 and we have a neice and nephew both around 9 that we constantly take care of because their parents are drunks. I don't know how I'd handle a kid saying the things you mentioned but I know how to prevent it, at least for the kids under my guidance. I make the time to be there for my kids and take an active role in teaching them about the world. I'd be ashamed if one of them said something like that. After recent events it's more important than ever that everyone takes on the responsibility to stand up to, care for, and guide one another. Especially kids. Left to their own devices all kids are little shits and if somebody doesn't do something about it then they grow up to be big shits.

Exactly. That's why I make a point to be as vocal an LGBT+ ally as I can in my classroom. I know most of these kids aren't getting that at home; at the very least, they need to see SOME adult in their lives take a stand for that marginalized group.

stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

what do you do with kids with religious backgounds/beliefs that might not hate the group, but don't believe in it. aren't you knid of toeing the parent/teacher relationship lines?
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

-null-

SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

haven't slept well in weeks, i keep waking up in the middle of the night, usually around 4. and then yesterday i just had a complete trash day too, let my friends dog get out on accident and i had to chase it for half a mile literally right after i smoked a cigar and drank some beer. 0/10. got lucky though and someone stopped to help me.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

10-4. Ya, I agree with you shouldn't hate or disrespect based on your beliefs.