What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by CRTGAMER »

emwearz wrote:Today I saw this little baby laughing and kicking on the tram, it was like shut your kid up!

Thanks for reminder, weird how things pop back in your head.

Years ago our line service crew stopped by for breakfast at some diner after an all nighter prepping a dead Helo. One of my team was getting upset about a kid howling behind kicking the seats. Reached around acted as if to choke the kid. The mom took us for real and panicked! Noisy kid and Mom ended up moving away a couple rows. we still got to finish our breakfast half asleep and laughing.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

izdead
32-bit

Post by izdead »

ticked: too much wind at the skatepark, and the sun was right in that spot... that death spot.

smile: monday class, cute girl. :)
systems: SNES, NES, Sega Genisis, Sega CD, N64, PSone, XBOX, XBOX360 (RROD), GameBoy, GBA
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

emwearz wrote:Today I saw this little baby laughing and kicking on the tram, it was like shut your kid up!

You find that upsetting? If he was bawling and screaming, I would understand. But you don't like them when they're happy either?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

BoringSupreez wrote:

You find that upsetting? If he was bawling and screaming, I would understand. But you don't like them when they're happy either?

It drives me nuts when kids are running around laughing and causing a commotion. Yes, I am happy that the kids are happy, but there is a time and a place. I am sure there were times when I was young and would have been happy to run around, throw things at old people, look up girls dresses, and steal music from the internet. My parents kept me in check, however, and I had to wait until I was older to do all those things. The ability of parents to tune out their kids when they're acting completely obnoxious is impressive. I have had kids walk up to me screaming while I was obviously busy with something else and I look over to see the parents just sitting there in their own little world. I don't care how hard being a parent is, if you need a break from paying attention to your kids, lock them in the closet like normal people do.

All offensive content of this reply was intended, though for humor and not to offend.
izdead
32-bit

Post by izdead »

vash23n wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:

It drives me nuts when kids are running around laughing and causing a commotion. Yes, I am happy that the kids are happy, but there is a time and a place. I am sure there were times when I was young and would have been happy to run around, throw things at old people, look up girls dresses, and steal music from the internet. My parents kept me in check, however, and I had to wait until I was older to do all those things. The ability of parents to tune out their kids when they're acting completely obnoxious is impressive. I have had kids walk up to me screaming while I was obviously busy with something else and I look over to see the parents just sitting there in their own little world. I don't care how hard being a parent is, if you need a break from paying attention to your kids, lock them in the closet like normal people do.

All offensive content of this reply was intended, though for humor and not to offend.

psshhh old geezer :lol:
systems: SNES, NES, Sega Genisis, Sega CD, N64, PSone, XBOX, XBOX360 (RROD), GameBoy, GBA
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Three years ago I did some consulting for a textile company that ended in a company acquisition, which led to an annual increase of their revenue by over $1,000,000usd.

I just got an email from the VP of said company, and he has an opportunity that he thinks I'd be "very interested in". This made me grin from ear to ear. Business has been slowing down, and this might be a great opportunity to make some serious cash. I'm all kinds of happy.

Ticked off: Not really ticked off, but very sore. Why is it always the day after you go to the gym you feel like you've been run over? Felt fine last night, can barely move my arms this morning.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Luke wrote:Ticked off: Not really ticked off, but very sore. Why is it always the day after you go to the gym you feel like you've been run over? Felt fine last night, can barely move my arms this morning.

I always claim its the mileage, not the age. Not too many believers here.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Luke wrote:
Ticked me off: Well, it didn't tick me off, just made me feel uncomfortable. As some of you know, my wife lost a friend this week. She went into early labor, lost her baby, then died shortly there after. The funeral is open casket, and she is holding the baby, and both will be buried together. It's going to be a while to get that image out of my mind.

Ghastly! Sorry to hear about your wife's friend and her family's unfortunate funeral choice.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

J T wrote:Ghastly! Sorry to hear about your wife's friend and her family's unfortunate funeral choice.

I'm not sure of the circumstances on why the parents chose what they did, but I don't believe it may have been an unfortunate choice for the funeral.

It could have been a last request.
Could have been what her parents thought she would have wanted.
Her Husband may have requested it.

Who knows? But I'm fine for people honoring their dead how the family sees fit. This was an extreme case, but nothing like when HST's ashes were shot into mid-space.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Luke wrote:
J T wrote:Ghastly! Sorry to hear about your wife's friend and her family's unfortunate funeral choice.

I'm not sure of the circumstances on why the parents chose what they did, but I don't believe it may have been an unfortunate choice for the funeral.

It could have been a last request.
Could have been what her parents thought she would have wanted.
Her Husband may have requested it.

Who knows? But I'm fine for people honoring their dead how the family sees fit. This was an extreme case, but nothing like when HST's ashes were shot into mid-space.

I think you said it right Luke. Funerals are for the living, whatever will ease their pain best just to offer support.