Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by REPO Man Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:30 am

I've got Warhawk on my Vita. Like Mega Man Legends I tweak the controls for a more modern feel. One thing I'm hoping to do with the handhelds I get the kids.

In the case of MML, I go for an FPS like control scheme, move with left stick and look with the right with firing mapped to the right trigger.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:39 am

I actually didn't really play any PS1 games. I bought it recently, but I never had it growing up. Lacking that, and the saturn, I obviously have way too many blindspots for 5th generation gaming, unless you count windows games of that era.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:46 pm

marurun wrote:PS1 landed right as I was leaving high school for college. So I mostly played the very early stuff like Toshinden and Warhawk (Warhawk was a much better game). At college I had a Saturn and didn’t really even spectate the PS1 stuff much until like 1999/2000

PS1 landed right as I started pre-k
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:13 pm

IIRC I got one for my tenth birthday. All I had was a demo disc and Primal Rage. A few months later my little brother, then three, cut the AC cable with a pair of scissors. Since he cut the cord, naturally my mom yelled at me because I wasn't "paying attention to him".

I wouldn't get a new AC cable and a new game (an arcade compilation with Breakout and Missile Command iirc) until around my next birthday. I'd also eventually get more games.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:44 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:I actually didn't really play any PS1 games. I bought it recently, but I never had it growing up. Lacking that, and the saturn, I obviously have way too many blindspots for 5th generation gaming, unless you count windows games of that era.

I had pretty good coverage for 5th gen but it was very one sided: Nintendo. Both console and portable. It wasn't until 6th gen where I had something other than Nintendo (Dreamcast).
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:39 pm

I've said it once before, and I'll say it again- I basically just visit the forums for this thread nowadays...

Was a groomsman in a wedding yesterday! One of my best friends, Toby, got married to another one of my best friends (Trace) sister, Ashlynn. It was a great night, and I felt like I was surrounded by my family basically- I lived with Trace partially when I was in high school due to my home life being so bad and I got placed at his family's table which was really sweet.
I also have been to a bunch of Toby's family events and because of that basically everyone there had seen me at least once- a bunch of people asked how I was related to them because they had seen me so much :lol:

Trace's mom unfortunately has cancer and isn't doing well, and it was really rough seeing her doing poorly after having not seen her for a few years. She really helped me out a lot, giving me a safe place to stay for so long. Glad I got to see her though.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:39 am

What's everyone's plans for Halloween? I'm definitely trying to get all the kids together for a movie night. Hopefully it goes better than last year where I wasn't able to get something for my projector screen and the movie I chose crapped out about halfway through and I had to salvage the night with an episode of AAAHH! Real Monsters.

My mom suggested doing a movie night the night before Halloween, in lieu of the night of, since the kids would be the worst combination of wired and tired.

If I dress up, I'm considering cosplaying as Wirt from Over The Garden Wall.

Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:12 pm

Saw this over the weekend running errands

Poor guy
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:20 pm

Not quick enough!
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:20 pm

Reminds me of Sonic for Hire.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever