Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by o.pwuaioc Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:16 pm

Golgo 14 wrote:VLADIMIR, ESTRAGON, POZZO

Nailed it.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:16 pm

No, I just don't like football.
marurun

by marurun Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:16 pm

REPO Man wrote:No, I just don't like football.

Do you make an effort to partake of the things the others in your family enjoy?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:50 pm

I've never been into sports. Except maybe dodgeball.
marurun

by marurun Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:18 pm

That didn’t answer the question. You seem to be keen on trying to sell your family on your interests with no effort on your part to engage with theirs. But I’m not the first to say it. I’m just calling you on the evasion.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:55 am

REPO Man wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:May I ask a personal question Repo? Why are you so keen on giving your nieces gifts?

It's my best method for sharing my interests with them. Everyone else, such as their parents and grandparents and so on, have it much easier because they're into more mainstream interests. Like football. My mom's a total Panthers stan, while my dad stans Washington Football Team. They both root for UNC, though. Also I'm the only one who doesn't like fishing. And pretty much any attempt to share my interests with everyone usually falls flat. A few years ago I took my late RetroPie to Thanksgiving dinner and they all decided to watch football. Any time I try to get everyone together for movie night or game night or Easter brunch everyone is usually "too busy".

But by giving my niblings some of my favorite books, movies, games or so on, it's a way to share my interests with them.

The irony here is that you're complaining that no-one is willing to engage you in your interests, and you claim one of those is classic gaming. On the other hand you've been on racketboy, a site dedicated to discussing classic games, for literally 13 years now and in that time I don't think I've seen you engage in a single discussion about games. Instead you post about dark cabarets or simpsons memes or some shit. Maybe instead of trying to force your tastes for things on people who aren't likely to share them, you should actually seek out those with the same interest.

We've all been here and ready to discuss Spyro the Dragon or whatever for the past decade and a half dude. Instead we spend all of our time interacting with you discussing literally ANYTHING except classic games.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:04 am

Played the originals when I was a kid for a bit. I didn't own and PS1 so I don't have a connection to those games. I did pick up the bundle recently on Xbox with the Crash platformers, cart racing, and the three Spyro games.

I should grab the originals and throw it on the PSP.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:12 am

I was never a big fan of Crash or Spyro, personally, but I also was a Nintendo kid, not a Playstation kid, when I was growing up. Y'all should play Muv-Luv instead. 8)
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

by marurun Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:19 am

PS1 landed right as I was leaving high school for college. So I mostly played the very early stuff like Toshinden and Warhawk (Warhawk was a much better game). At college I had a Saturn and didn’t really even spectate the PS1 stuff much until like 1999/2000
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:27 am

The one 3D platforming series I spent a lot of time on was the Gex series (outside of the big N64 platformers). I played only one game in the series on the N64 but I remember spending a good amount of time. At that age (roughly a 4th grader) I didn't get a lot of the movie references but I'm sure that would be totally different if I were to fire up the game.

I, as a fourth grader, did not know who Cheech and Chong were, but one of the comments Gex would make was "Will Cheech and/or Chong come to the front desk."
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever