What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ticked 1 - Skid Control ECU Safety Recall on Sequoia, Toyota knew about this since 2003 but just now decided to get the word out. A simple reflash of the computer.

Smile 1 - As in most Safety recalls, a free fix. My truck got an update to the "Bios" chip. :lol:

Ticked 2 - Two hour wait for something so simple, I guess a lot of testing. I love 80s music but come on, the same 6 song CD over and over and over in that customer lounge? Now "Go Go's Vacation" song is stuck in my head.

Ticked 3 - As in any dealer, the expected scare tactic. "You need brake pads, a brake booster, and your rotors are rusty."

Smile 2 - Can't fool me, I've pulled a few motors. So naturally declined the ridiculous repairs. Disc Brake pads an easy replacement, I'll do them when they get to the sensor. If Vacuum brake booster diaphragm was leaking, my brakes would be a hard to push and the engine would have been idling rough. As for the "Rusty Rotors", I do launch a boat in the salt water once in a while. Brake pad area nice and shiny, who cares about non pitted surface rust in the non brake area of the rotor.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Flake

Post by Flake »

Smile - Samurai Shodown Anthology arrived in the mail. Man I love Neogeo compiliations!

Ticked - Ordered a dreamcast arcade stick from an amazon seller. Got a Playstation arcade light gun instead. How do you f--k that up?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
yosh
16-bit

Post by yosh »

Flake wrote:Smile - Samurai Shodown Anthology arrived in the mail. Man I love Neogeo compiliations!

Ticked - Ordered a dreamcast arcade stick from an amazon seller. Got a Playstation arcade light gun instead. How do you f--k that up?

yikes :shock:
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

smile: i sold an nes lot on ebay.

pissed: the buyer hasn't paid. after a few messages, i finally got a response from him AFTER i threatened to file a case with ebay. he says he is going to pay, BUT STILL HAS NOT PAID! :evil: i only have so much patience.

even more pissed: ebay has a max shipping rate of 15 dollars for video games. this lot is probably going to be close to 40 to ship out.
if you took a shit, please put it back
Flake

Post by Flake »

final fight cd wrote:smile: i sold an nes lot on ebay.

pissed: the buyer hasn't paid. after a few messages, i finally got a response from him AFTER i threatened to file a case with ebay. he says he is going to pay, BUT STILL HAS NOT PAID! :evil: i only have so much patience.

even more pissed: ebay has a max shipping rate of 15 dollars for video games. this lot is probably going to be close to 40 to ship out.

I'd just report the guy and cancel the deal at this point. No point killing your own bottom line for this guy.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

I started selling games that will not fit in an envelope as computer software. They let you charge much more.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

SMILE
I came across this after years of getting stuck in traffic while waiting for the trolley train barriers.
Stupid trolley would load passengers while keeping all the commuters waiting behind the railroad crossing.
In this street corner, the train had its own red stop traffic light and waited, while I drove thru intersection. :shock:

TICKED
Nothing can tick me off today after that respite. :lol:

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

myktek
8-bit

Post by myktek »

smile

King of the Fighters 98
King of the Fighters Collection Orachi
and
Fatal Frame III I bought on ebay were are sealed copies.

ticked off

Fatal Fury for Genesis = the manual was pretty messed up
MKII for the 32x = the box was pretty messed up
Lord_Santa
128-bit

Post by Lord_Santa »

ticked off:

my racist, bigot friends and family-members (whom from this day are disowned)

smile:

a politician from the parliament knocked on my door and asked me to vote for him
a nice personal touch, if you ask me
C-64 will never die
- only the players
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Tried hairdryer and ice trick to remove dent from my car. Worked somewhat.