What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Bodmin
32-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Bodmin »

bobbynewmarkiii wrote:Kiss of Life: Awesome Judo session, making some good attacks and counters.

Kiss of Death: dislocated someone's shoulder!!

you bully
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

ieatramen wrote:I have never heard cute girl and MAME in the same sentence. Marry her. Quick.

Date first mate, date first. Its a first for me to have a girl asks "so have you played Streets of Rage 2?"

Oh but I got something better than what I said earlier. Turns out if our sales teams dont hit their numbers this month, two of the five teams may be let go. Being that I have a rookie team (who started this month) well lets just say, my time on the forums until the 22nd will be low.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

Luke wrote:Ticked me off: Well, it didn't tick me off, just made me feel uncomfortable. As some of you know, my wife lost a friend this week. She went into early labor, lost her baby, then died shortly there after. The funeral is open casket, and she is holding the baby, and both will be buried together. It's going to be a while to get that image out of my mind.

I didn't even see it and it's going to be a while before I get that image out of my head. Holy fuck that's disturbing.
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

winds wrote:Smile: Got my first and new car this morning! It felt so great until I saw the first payment come out of my bank :D

What kind of car?
wakeup
32-bit

Post by wakeup »

ticked me off: I'm sick, the train malfunctioned for almost an hour today

made me smile: seeing everyone getting pissed off at the train not moving while I close my eyes and took a little nap
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

Beak wrote:
vash23n wrote:What ticks me off at the gym is all the old men walking around completely naked in the locker room. In my experience (and my wife says it's the same in the women's locker room) all of the young people who would probably be considered attractive don't do this. They undress, throw a towel around themselves, go to the shower, get dressed. The old people walk around and have conversations with each other and try to talk. I see them sitting in the sauna naked and one guy was even in the whirlpool like paddling around in there - all I can think of is ball soup. What's with old people!?

When I'm old, I'll probably not give a shit either.

Yes, but I will be sure to remember not to dangle my old, purple, saggy balls in someone's face while trying to shoot the shit.
Haoie
128-bit

Post by Haoie »

Smile: Getting time to myself

Annoyed: Stupid jumping puzzles, Legacy of Kain
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

dsheinem wrote:That is fucked up. Personally, I think it's quite nice to bury them together, so don't get me wrong. But I'd think it only adds to the drama/grief to have an open casket where you can see the tragedy laid bare at the funeral. So while it is a reassuring/comforting thing to know that they are being buried together, it is not a wise decision for a wake, in my opinion. It might be the saddest funeral you'll ever attend. Be sure to grab a few beers before, and bring a flask and lots of tissues.

It's a delicate matter, and it may be possible that the visiting and funeral arrangements were requested by the deceased herself. It's in situations like these where I throw my opinion out the window, it simply doesn't matter when someone has lost a life. Family should honor their los however they'd like.

-but yeah, it was creepy; definitely not the saddest funeral I've attended, but the creepiest-

Booze wouldn't have hurt, but passed.
Metal Militia
128-bit

Post by Metal Militia »

Smile: Chicago Bears signed DE Julius Peppers, RB Chester Taylor, and TE Brandon Manumaleuna this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

What ticked me off? Chicago Bulls on a 4 game losing streak :( (Noah please come back soon)
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Ticked me off: Big argument with a certain female a few days ago that is still fresh on my mind. Crappy day at work too, on a Sunday no less

Made me smile:Won the second fight against Jean in Bayonetta on my first try, with a Platinum score. Didn't save my abysmal overall score for the level though.

Nothing like an action extravaganza like Bayonetta to relieve stress. I've got to go slaughter some more angels.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.