What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I generally assumed you didn't mean anything bad. No worries.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'll stick talk to family and on the internet, but I'm just done with people.

Hey dude FWIW, you're someone whose presence I really appreciate on these forums, possibly because your sentiments sometimes remind me of my own experiences. Don't stop fighting and never give up. There will be days where it feels like giving up is easier. Don't you fucking do it. Do give yourself a break; everyone needs that. Gaming is that for me, my temporary respite from the world. But when you feel sufficiently recharged, please don't rob the world of your presence in it. The world needs unique voices, and your perspectives matter. Don't let anyone distort the reality of that, even on those days when the distortion comes from within.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

ended things with the girl i was talking to yesterday. however, i'm in pretty good spirits and had kind of already moved on so it hasn't affected me much, just hope i get my sweater back lmao.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I'm just done with real life people. I'll stick talk to family and on the internet, but I'm just done with people. They all suck, nobody cares about anyone else, and they'll use any excuse available to justify their behavior. Once I'm done with school, I'm moving out to the middle of nowhere to hide by myself until I die.

Yo Forlorn, can I give you some perspective you didn’t ask for?

Life will get better in the long run. Things might be rotten now, but they won’t be rotten forever.

As for all those fake people who don’t care and make excuses... well everyone has a cross to bear. You have depression, and you’re not alone. Half the people you know have some kind of mental disorder; the other half are completely nucking futs! Every person I ever got to know really well was secretly hiding some kind of mental disorder.

That doesn’t justify fake people making excuses for mistreating you. It’s just a glimpse at the man behind the curtain.

You deserve a good life, FD, and you’re gonna get it if you keep pursuing therapy and treatment. You got this. I believe in you.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I've been in a better mood the last day or so, so my outlook is a bit more positive now. I'm just really tired of spending all of my free time alone. Always.

Mix that with confused feelings about friends and them never wanting to/able to hang out, and there's a full blown recipe for me to throw a hissy fit.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

Well after spending hours fixing the slope of the drain lines and attempting to auger the toilet line with no results, and having three different plumbers look at it and say varying degrees of how many thousands of dollars need to be done to fix this toilet that’s backing up, i finally got a competent plumber out who just ran a camera down the line and found that there was a piece of toilet flange jammed in the line. So the contractors who worked on the bathroom floor dropped a piece down the drain when they replaced it.

I’m happy the problem is finally resolved and ticked off at all the people who came out and refused to just look at the obvious, and ticked off at those contractors who caused the problem in the first place.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

A few weeks ago I purchased an Xbox Live Gold code from eBay. At the time I was a bit rushed so I didn't look at the seller feedback in detail like I usually do. The seller advertised that the code was a North American code but it was actually from another region. His "suggestion" was to just keep trying the code and it would go through (it didn't). I politely asked for a refund because I just didn't want to deal with him or his region locked codes. His response was to just keep trying the code. I replied back that if I did not have a refund in 24 hours, I'd be opening a case with eBay. It was then that I looked at his feedback and noticed that he has been pulling this stunt frequently. However, he did eventually send me a working code after my stern message. This happened probably a week or so after purchasing the code so I was getting pretty frustrated.

So for the first time in the 18 year life span of my eBay account, I felt compelled to leave negative feedback for a seller so that others would not waste their time with him as I did. Last night I get a message from him asking me to remove the negative feedback. He offered me $25 to remove the feedback. I'm pretty sure I would never see that $25. I bet he got his hands on some grey market Xbox codes on the cheap and is just trying to make as much money as possible. So yeah, that scammer is going to have to deal with his negative feedback.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

You can remove negative feedback now? It use to be permanent!
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

The seller can request that you remove feedback and you get an email from eBay about it. In the email you get a url to accept or deny the request. If you deny, you are presented with options to say why you are denying. There is a text box too if you want type something. That gets sent to the seller. I chose the preset response that "my feedback was accurate".
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Had a bit of a nervous breakdown yesterday. I've been having some severe depression and anxiety flare ups the past few months, so I went to the doctor yesterday, and they upped my Zoloft from 100 mg to 200 mg. Then I came home and was shitfaced drunk by 2 pm.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.