What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Luke »

Corey Haim died.

My wife's cousin has breast cancer, she's 28.

Both pissed me off.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Made me smile:
It's St. Patrick's Day!

ticked off:

You cant tick me off today, it's St. Patrick's Day!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ticked off - Counted up the unpaid overtime for the past three weeks. Almost 200 hours.
Made me smile - Because of said overtime the department is not going to be outsourced (and this shouldnt happen again until next year).
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

fastbilly1 wrote:Ticked off - Counted up the unpaid overtime for the past three weeks. Almost 200 hours.
Made me smile - Because of said overtime the department is not going to be outsourced (and this shouldnt happen again until next year).

Does that unpaid mean "unpaid yet" or rather it is never going to be paid?
vash23n
Next-Gen

Post by vash23n »

Ticked me off

My birthday was on St. Patrick's Day and I had to work the overnight shift.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

vash23n wrote:Ticked me off

My birthday was on St. Patrick's Day and I had to work the overnight shift.

That sucks.

Made me smile:
It's Friday.

Ticked me off:
Still have work to do over the weekend.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

molotovwars wrote:Does that unpaid mean "unpaid yet" or rather it is never going to be paid?

Never going to be paid, but it is far better than unemployment. It is the main reason I havent been on the forums much recently - that and word is we are going to have our traffic monitored again soon...

My boss told me that his boss and his boss's boss had their ass on the line for something and the sales teams just kinda fell to the wayside. So if we couldnt hit a goal, we were all going to be fired by the end of the fiscal month (tomorrow). Right now my team is the only sales team that has met their goals, by the skin of our teeth and thanks to me knowing backdoors into the systems we use, my team is safe, but come Monday there is a very good chance that three of the other teams might not have jobs.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Smile: The topic on Jerry Springer is: I slept with a midget stripper

Ticked: Meeting with a web designer got pushed back a day. My proposal is next Wednesday, and I need to see what's up.
Octopod
Next-Gen

Post by Octopod »

fastbilly1 wrote:
molotovwars wrote:Does that unpaid mean "unpaid yet" or rather it is never going to be paid?

Never going to be paid, but it is far better than unemployment. It is the main reason I havent been on the forums much recently - that and word is we are going to have our traffic monitored again soon...

My boss told me that his boss and his boss's boss had their ass on the line for something and the sales teams just kinda fell to the wayside. So if we couldnt hit a goal, we were all going to be fired by the end of the fiscal month (tomorrow). Right now my team is the only sales team that has met their goals, by the skin of our teeth and thanks to me knowing backdoors into the systems we use, my team is safe, but come Monday there is a very good chance that three of the other teams might not have jobs.

This is the kind of stuff that pisses me off to no end. I think it should be illegal for US corporations to outsource and if they are multinationals we need to remember that they are indeed multinationals and not American companies.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Not Ticked, but a Smile.

Driving to intersection noticed some Red LED bulbs burned out on Stop Walk sign.

That flashing Red Hand Stop Light had all the fingers burned out except the middle one!

Maybe a sign of a shoulda stayed in bed day? :D
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425