What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by samsonlonghair »

Ack wrote:Well, I just bought my wedding ring. We're at just over a month to go.

So much love for you! Hope you and your bride have many happy years.
Ack

Post by Ack »

samsonlonghair wrote:
Ack wrote:Well, I just bought my wedding ring. We're at just over a month to go.

So much love for you! Hope you and your bride have many happy years.

Thanks, samson. I truly appreciate it.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

So you've got money for a wedding ring, but you can't pay back that $10 you owe Fast?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

He's the best man. He can suck it up.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

:D Best Gamescom news so far. Yakuza 3, 4, and 5 remasters! Yakuza 3 is out now with 4 coming in Oct and 5 in Feb. A physical version of the collection will be made available along with the release of 5.

ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

My grandmother fell and broke her hip Saturday morning. It was a pretty bad break, so she had to have surgery. Given that she'll be 100 in January, any kind of surgery is pretty risky, so I called out of work Monday and yesterday so I could be there when she went into surgery Monday afternoon. Originally she was going to have a hip replacement which would need full anesthesia, but after examining her and the xrays themselves, the orthopedic surgeon and anesthesiologist decided that they could fix it with just a rod and some pins which wouldn't need full anesthesia. They ended up numbing up her lower body and gave her just enough anesthesia to put her to sleep but not put her in a full medical coma. Obviously, that was a HUGE load off our shoulders since that's so much less intensive on her heart and respiration and doesn't require being brought out of a coma.

So when her surgery came Monday afternoon, she did great. The surgery took less than an hour, and she was talking a mile a minute once she woke up. Granted, it didn't make much sense - they had her drugged up pretty good - but the fact that she was talking so much was a good sign in my book. I saw her yesterday morning before I hit the road to come back home, and she was doing great. 12 hours after her surgery, she was already out of bed and into the recliner beside her bed (albeit with help from the physical therapist). She's a tough old lady.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

So glad to hear that your grandma is doing okay Elkin ^w^

Yesterday was my first day back to work after summer vacation, and I'm already back in the thick of it. I've got a rough couple days getting back into the swing of things, not so much because I'm out of practice, but the lack of consistently going to school on a routine schedule means that I'm kinda operating in the dark for my preparations for lessons. I have general ideas (sometimes very good ones) for most of them, but enough of them have fairly large grey-areas that it's more stressful than I'd like. Luckily it'll all be sussed out in the next week or so once I've had at least one day at all my regular schools again~
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Sorry to hear about your grandma Ellkin. Glad she made it through the surgery well. My grandma is in her 90's and has broken both hips in the past couple of years so I know how it is. August is a tough month of the year for us education folks. I hope the time off isn't putting you too far behind.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

bmoc wrote:Sorry to hear about your grandma Ellkin. Glad she made it through the surgery well. My grandma is in her 90's and has broken both hips in the past couple of years so I know how it is. August is a tough month of the year for us education folks. I hope the time off isn't putting you too far behind.

Na, fortunately, Monday was a workday, so I just missed meetings then, and my classes are right at the end of our first unit, so I just had them do some review work before the test Friday. If she HAD to fall and need surgery, she picked probably the best time for it with regards to my being out.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:If she HAD to fall and need surgery, she picked probably the best time for it with regards to my being out.

She's nothing if not considerate.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.