What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by marurun »

Ziggy587 wrote:
marurun wrote:Still have to pay for parts, and those are also ridiculous. My oven's igniter costs over $100 and replacements are only expected to last 2-3 years.

Well that sucks, but $100 every few years is still cheaper than buying a new oven.

I misspoke, it’s $200. And about every 2 years for us so far. We have had appliance guys do it this far since we weren’t sure what needed fixing, but now we’ve been around a couple times we could probably handle it next time. I had to correct the repair guy. His LG app’s diagnostics code library was WRONG and I had to help him figure out what was actually wrong.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

So $200 for the part, or the part plus labor? I'm guessing just for the part, since that sounds pretty cheap to also include labor.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Got my Retroid Pocket 3+ today, two days earlier than expected! I only had a little bit of time with it before I had to go to work but so far, so good. I'm supposed to get my 1tb microSD card and HDMI cable for it tomorrow, which is when I'll start to load it up with ROMs and ISOs.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

L3&R3 - Nice! Android gaming hasn't been mentioned in a while, but I was happy to see that Sonic Runners has been brought back from server death. https://sonicrunners.com/#/
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer to load my new Retroid Pocket 3+ with ROMs since the 1tb microSD card and micro HDMI to HDMI cable will be a day late.

But I'm surprised just how many games I managed to stuff onto my device with just the onboard 128GB of storage. And the keymapper is a Godsend. I may be able to get Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies running without needing the touch screen controls.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

:D Got my 1tb microSD card yesterday and now I just gotta stuff it with ROMs

:( Couldn't get Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies to play nice with the keymapper. Same with Identity V.

:D Lots of games, however, do work well with the keymapper.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I know more about Repo's life than my own brother's.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

SamuraiMegas wrote:I know more about Repo's life than my own brother's.

That's the great thing about fiction. You really can get into the minds of made-up characters, whereas real people tend to conceal quite a bit of themselves.

I myself think the writing has gotten a bit repetitive over the years. Moreover, the main character is just too unrealistic and unbelievable. You'd think someone who dreamt this big would be doing *something* to advance that goal. But clearly the author has his fans, otherwise it wouldn't get so much traction here, right?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I wish I could make up stuff like this that easily. :lol:

:roll: It's taking FOREVER to stuff the microSD card I have for my Retroid Pocket 3+. Plus, to be honest, there's no guarantee it'll run even a fraction of the PS2 and GameCube games I throw at it.

It probably wouldn't take so long if the torrents on The Internet Archive actually listed ALL of the contents and not just the first 3-4 dozen files.

:D But I'm still floored by how well it ran Maximo: Ghosts to Glory, especially since I didn't use a PAL-region ISO. Apparently having to only reach 50fps in lieu of the NTSC standard of 60 makes it easier to get full speed.