What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
MrPopo

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by MrPopo »

Life is never easy, but it does get manageable without major stress. But you still have stuff like your sewage pipe backs up and now you need to get part of your floor replaced and wrangle the insurance company, and even though you can afford it you rather it hadn't happened.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Those are the kind of problems I'd love to have. I don't expect life to be without problems- they're what keep life spicy and interesting - but being able to throw money at problems makes life less stressful, and easier
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I can confirm that being able to throw money at problems does reduce the stress by a lot.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

MrPopo wrote:I can confirm that being able to throw money at problems does reduce the stress by a lot.

I will be doomed to be stressed forever.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
FireArm

Post by FireArm »

On CSGO, I met a woman from South America who struggled with English as a second language but was incredibly talkative and constantly made calls. I ended up adding her as a friend and playing about five games with her (I also love to collect Pokeom cards you can check my collection at collector pricing). She's actually better than me at my own game! She didn't feel ashamed of her stuttering or of the people who called her out for being a little overweight and a woman (her steam profile picture is a picture of her). I found a new best friend today.
Last edited by FireArm on Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Someone on the Steven Universe subreddit pointed out that Pearl has a shotgun and I made an Army of Darkness reference that seems to be going over quite well.

If you don't want to click on the link, here's what I posted:

That, Steven, is called a boom stick. A weird human with a large chin fell from the sky one day and told us all about it centuries ago. Then we fought dead humans who inexplicably returned from their graves.

:) My sister-in-law applied for a job at Muffins and Scones.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

REPO Man wrote:
:) My sister-in-law applied for a job at Muffins and Scones.

See this is an example of personal blog stuff. No one knows your sister in law, or Muffins and Scones. This wouldn't even be that interesting on your personal social media page. Why do you feel the need to share this info on a retro gaming focused forum? It isn't even the news she got the job or not, just that she applied for it. I am sure there will be a follow up post though on if she gets it or was denied...
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Jmustang1968 wrote:See this is an example of personal blog stuff. No one knows your sister in law, or Muffins and Scones. This wouldn't even be that interesting on your personal social media page. Why do you feel the need to share this info on a retro gaming focused forum? It isn't even the news she got the job or not, just that she applied for it. I am sure there will be a follow up post though on if she gets it or was denied...

If I had to guess, I would wager that REPO is either happy that his sister-in-law wanted to apply to possibly work with him or is happy at the prospect of working with her.

Opening post on this thread doesn't mention video games once, but does mention a wedding anniversary, a funeral, and greeting cards. Another great first-page post complains about naked old guys in the locker room.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Limewater wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:See this is an example of personal blog stuff. No one knows your sister in law, or Muffins and Scones. This wouldn't even be that interesting on your personal social media page. Why do you feel the need to share this info on a retro gaming focused forum? It isn't even the news she got the job or not, just that she applied for it. I am sure there will be a follow up post though on if she gets it or was denied...

If I had to guess, I would wager that REPO is either happy that his sister-in-law wanted to apply to possibly work with him or is happy at the prospect of working with her.

Opening post on this thread doesn't mention video games once, but does mention a wedding anniversary, a funeral, and greeting cards. Another great first-page post complains about naked old guys in the locker room.

It is oversharing and he dominates the thread.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I'm happy because she's been out of work for a while and she and my brother are two months behind on their rent.