Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Golgo 14
128-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Golgo 14 Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:20 pm

Gucci wrote:

It looks like you captured the exact moment his soul left his body.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
marurun

by marurun Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:21 pm

Golgo 14 wrote:
Gucci wrote:

It looks like you captured the exact moment his soul left his body.

You mean this photo was taken 30 years ago?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:42 pm

Lol come on now! Sonic has had some good games over the last couple of decades.

The GBA and DS trilogy from Dimps come to mind. I enjoyed those quite a bit. And Generations/Mania we’re good to.

F**k it! The first two kart racers were good clean family fun!
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:11 pm

Don't forget all the awesome ROM hacks and fan games.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:30 am

Something really cool to me about PS1 scene is putting the original disc right in my PC and using the OG medium in an emulator. I know there are devices that can pull a ROM from a cart, but something about the simplicity and convenience of this disc method, with HDMI, emu options, HD resolution, and controller preferences is really sweet. I know this is an option with other disc based systems too, but I remember the days of having to rip & use ISO mounting software for ages. Great for preservation. RetroArch now has a rip disc option as well.

LOL at Sonic pic. Agree, I liked the 2 kart racers.

The XB Games with Gold selections were pretty nice this month :D Hover looks like Jet Set/Grind Radio. On Aeero will be fun to try a rail shooter. Then love me some Castlevania & RE CVX.

I've been able to participate in all 3 Halo Infinite flights :D ... going to likely take a break from MCC until Dec 8th when Infinite drops.

Also, Happy Halloween :D

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:26 pm

Happy Halloween!

Glad you liked the pic.

I indeed remember the ripping of ISOs and using mounting discs for the Dreamcast. I vaguely remember the mounting disc being some sort of Christmas themed thing with a reindeer. No idea what that was about but that’s what I remember.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:13 pm

Damn. Went back to a forum I was on for almost a decade. I wonder if this community feels the same with how much "downhill" it went from its prime?

This one has went through that, but I feel like it's about to really shut down now. The atmosphere is so toxic that it comes across like a dysfunctional family. Members that I know on Facebook pretty much all say they're going to leave.

I guess the big factors were politics and covid-related stresses, which bled into the former.

Just wanted to rant because it's pretty sad. Knowing people for almost a decade and seeing that it's turned to shit and is most likely gonna vanish away.

Oddly enough, the video game thread there is by far the least toxic. Probably not a coincidence lol.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:30 pm

What's everyone doing for Halloween?

I have the night off and I had plans to throw together a quick movie night for three of my nieces (one of my nieces and my two nephews are out of town), so naturally my brother's ex-wife "Betty", mother of "Peach", "Daisy" and baby "Link" is apparently doing her own thing with the kids. Meanwhile my mom's taking my oldest niece "Pauline" to trunk or treating at the school, iirc. Plus since it's a school night and the kids will be too tired to do anything.

Kind of wish I'd have known that BEFORE I requested Halloween night off, especially since I essentially lost a seven-hour shift this week.

And the worst part of all this? It seems like any time I try to bring everyone together for any kind of movie night, game night, Easter brunch, group project, et al, everyone' always "too busy" and if they're not we never do it the way I wanted to. Instead we just do things their own way.

And being able to spend time with my family was pretty much the only good part of postponing my move to NYC two years ago. That was a MAJOR mistake! Now it seems like everyone only comes together for Thanksgiving and Christmas and goes on a BS spiel on why they can't do anything together any other time. Between "Pauline" having dance cheer Monday through Thursday, her sister "Rosalina" and brothers "Mario and Luigi" going out of town Friday through Sunday, there's hardly any opportunity to do so.

But if I lived in NYC, I'd be gearing up to march in the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade or any of the other excellent things going on in NYC. Now I'm just figuring out what horror movies, if any, I feel like watching and/or figuring out what horror games, if any, I feel like playing.

And the crazy thing? I was actually thinking of just skipping Halloween this year and plowing straight into my Christmas playlist, because God knows Food Lion, Dollar Tree and Wal-Mart didn't feel like waiting until Halloween was over.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:15 pm

I’m handing out candy, while my children are out trick ‘r treating. Later tonight, I’m going to watch The Dude Bro Party Massacre III with my wife. Should be fun! Happy Halloween!!
Last edited by prfsnl_gmr on Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:27 pm

Speaking of fictional massacres, did you know they made a Slumber Party Massacre remake some time ago?

Other than that, I'm checking out the Haunted PS1 Demo Disc 2020, which isn't a real PS1 demo disc.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever