What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I really am starting to get aggravated by exclusives. Especially as someone trying to limit my number of systems, its nerve wracking to determine which system with 10 must have games is preferable. Right now, depending on if certain games get ported, I'm thinking of dropping my PS3 to swap for a 360, because there's more 360 exclusives. But, there's quite a lot of PS2 stuff catching my eye. a pretty large portion of what I want is available on PS3/360, but not all of it. I do have PCSX2, but its not perfect... and I have to drag out my laptop constantly. And I'm set on getting a Wii, if I ever get around to actually buying one.

All this, while my N64 is gathering dust next to my PS3 and my Gamecube is screaming for love. Gahh.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:I really am starting to get aggravated by exclusives. Especially as someone trying to limit my number of systems, its nerve wracking to determine which system with 10 must have games is preferable. Right now, depending on if certain games get ported, I'm thinking of dropping my PS3 to swap for a 360, because there's more 360 exclusives. But, there's quite a lot of PS2 stuff catching my eye. a pretty large portion of what I want is available on PS3/360, but not all of it. I do have PCSX2, but its not perfect... and I have to drag out my laptop constantly. And I'm set on getting a Wii, if I ever get around to actually buying one.

All this, while my N64 is gathering dust next to my PS3 and my Gamecube is screaming for love. Gahh.

You just graduated from college, didn't you? Now might not be the right time in your life to be accumulating a larger collection.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

True, but I also want to keep a realistically sized collection and not scare away everybody who comes to my house. Not to say a large collection is an issue, just that many people jump ship when they see that. That's why I've been so into emulation. But, I still want to have some amount of actual collection for the fuzzies it gives me. I just don't know how to keep the balance.

Ack

Post by Ack »

Well, I went in today for a procedure to check my bladder to see if anything was wrong. Said procedure turned into surgery when the doctor found a polyp inside my bladder. I am at home recovering, but I spent the last week hoping this was the end of it. Now I have to wait another week for test results to see if that's the end or if I have a bigger problem.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Oof. Get better bud!

:!: The job search is definitely going to be harder than I expected. Finding full time jobs is difficult, let alone finding jobs in the field. I know they are out there, it's just the fact that they aren't listed online. Plus, so many of these people have unrealistic expectations. I'm not running your whole ranch for you for 700/month with no benefits, you old ass.

Ack

Post by Ack »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Oof. Get better bud!

Thanks, man. I appreciate it. A lot.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Ack wrote:Well, I went in today for a procedure to check my bladder to see if anything was wrong. Said procedure turned into surgery when the doctor found a polyp inside my bladder. I am at home recovering, but I spent the last week hoping this was the end of it. Now I have to wait another week for test results to see if that's the end or if I have a bigger problem.

You are in my thoughts, friend.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

Ack wrote:Well, I went in today for a procedure to check my bladder to see if anything was wrong. Said procedure turned into surgery when the doctor found a polyp inside my bladder. I am at home recovering, but I spent the last week hoping this was the end of it. Now I have to wait another week for test results to see if that's the end or if I have a bigger problem.

That's so awful :cry:
I hope that really is the end of things :(
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Best Wishes Ack. Here’s hoping the doc gives you good news.
Forlorn Drifter wrote:Oof. Get better bud!

:!: The job search is definitely going to be harder than I expected. Finding full time jobs is difficult, let alone finding jobs in the field. I know they are out there, it's just the fact that they aren't listed online. Plus, so many of these people have unrealistic expectations. I'm not running your whole ranch for you for 700/month with no benefits, you old ass.

Crazy story: Last year an old farmer and his wife tried to get me to come live in a trailer on their farm and work as a farm hand. This is work I know fairly little about, but I figured what the heck, couldn’t hurt to look into it.

:shock: I went to check it out. The wife told me I wasn’t allowed to bring a microwave oven because they (supposedly) cause cancer. She also told me that drinking raw milk would cure cancer. They showed me the “trailer” which was actually just an old camper from the 1970s with a broken axle and a rotten floor.

So what does this dream job pay? Zero dollars. They figured that I would just do any amount of work in exchange for renting out their lovely camper plus all the raw milk I can drink.

I blatantly said, “That kinda sounds like slavery to me.” :lol: I’m told that this makes me the rude one.

I had to pass on that opportunity. :roll:
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Yeah, if you can find work in this field without connections... you generally don't want it. I've only been out of school for two weeks so I shouldn't get too worked up, but since I want to deal with horses I'm going to have to put in some effort to find a decent, full time job. I'm looking at at least on part time, with decent pay, but 20 hrs a week won't cut it for me. I might have to find the right people and do some schmoozing to get in somewhere. And, I've also realized how much of a damper this is going to put on my dating life...