Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Markies
128-bit

Re: What Made you Smile/What Ticked you off Today?

by Markies Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:57 pm

ESauced wrote:I was curious so I looked where you’re at (not stalking, just interested in real estate prices).

That’s interesting that houses in St Louis are that much. Around Kansas City you could get a decent one in a good neighborhood for $160K.

My wife and I paid $100K for our house in Kansas City, KS. But while it’s definitely a nice area it’s also a more affordable, kind of up-and-coming area, and the house was far from nice when we bought it. We’re working to get it nice though. (To learn more about my homebuying experience, see my earlier post about a toilet backing up! It’ll probably be thousands to fix the issue! Yay!)

Hey, no need to be creepy! :wink: I have spent some time in KC, so I know the area very well. But, I'm not much of a handy man and I prefer StL County over StL City, so that is why house prices are going to be a bit higher. Plus, I'd rather spend a bit more to get a nice house in a nice neighborhood compared to fixing it myself and watching the neighborhood around me fall apart.

ElkinFencer10 wrote:The house is 2128 sq ft on a 1.8 acre plot of land. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms. It's on a private road with a few other houses set back behind some trees from the main road. It's still a Henderson address and only 10 or 15 minutes from the school, but it's outside the town limits

Man, that sounds like paradise! You get the joys of living by yourself in the country, but you are only a few moments from town and go in whenever you want. I would much prefer to live like that then surrounded by people and noise at all times.

Congratulations and I hope all those bedrooms can hold all of your games!
bmoc
Next-Gen

by bmoc Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:02 am

:? The Venom trailer. Wow...just...wow. I'm all for not having spoilers in a trailer but they really should have shown Venom if only for a second or two.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:25 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
nullPointer wrote:Looks awesome Elkin, congratulations dude! Based on the picture, I could definitely see the potential for a riding lawn mower in your future. Absolutely beautiful property(!) but mowing that lawn with a push mower looks like it could sure eat into a Saturday afternoon.

lol the first thing I buy once I get moved in is going to be a riding mower.

Eff that! Buy a goat. It's the only sensible option with absolutely no drawbacks or consequences whatsoever. :wink:
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:48 pm

From the pictures it looks like the lawn is mostly grass. In such a case, sheep would be the better option.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:01 pm

I plan to plan some trees and - hopefully - some nice flowers.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Ack

by Ack Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:31 pm

bmoc wrote::? The Venom trailer. Wow...just...wow. I'm all for not having spoilers in a trailer but they really should have shown Venom if only for a second or two.

Yeah, I saw it and said the same thing.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:15 pm

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I plan to plan some trees and - hopefully - some nice flowers.

Rip out all the grass and replace it with gravel. Then you never have to deal with it.

That's actually something I seriously might do out here; lots of houses have very minimal lawns and do things like turn the back into a full patio because it's not worth it to try and keep up grass.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:34 pm

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

by samsonlonghair Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:From the pictures it looks like the lawn is mostly grass. In such a case, sheep would be the better option.

I know, dude. I'm just being facetious.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:elkin here you go brah
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Scotts-Scot ... /100540960

Boi.
Perfect mower for smaller yards

1.8 acres is totes not a smaller yard, and I'm totes a lazy ass mother fucker. Gonna get my riding lawnmower and play some fucking Switch while I mow.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever